Eighteen

"I feel

"I feel...off." Louis stated as he squinted at his reflection in the large mirror that was hanging from the wall of Catherine's loft. "Like, something is going to happen."

The chestnut haired man rubbed at his forehead as he tried to pinpoint why exactly he felt so strange. It wasn't like an 'I have been here before' type of strange but one that screamed 'things were going too well and something bad is about to happen'.

Catherine furrowed her eyebrows because it was weird that her friend was saying such a thing. "What makes you think that?" She asked from her place on the couch, where she was relaxing and watching some reality tv show.

He had never really cared for the programs that she had watched. He was more of a listener when she explained to him the latest gossip.

The grey eyed man shrugged his shoulders as his eyes flickered around the apartment quickly. "I'm not sure. But it's probably nothing. I think i'm just going crazy." He sighed, running a hand through his hair because lately he's been feeling a little psychic.

It's not even a joke. He's been having dreams of the next day, so descriptive that he had a serious case of deja vu. And he's been predicting things like the weather or a phone ringing before it even happens.

Its magic. He swears.

Maybe some of Zayn's powers rubbed off on me, he thought.

"Well, before you try and tell me something skeevy happens like someone getting kidnapped or something, you better get going because you have work."

Louis groaned with a dramatic stomp of the feet as he remembered his shift started in twenty minutes. Luckily he wasn't going to be alone today and would have one of his coworkers there.

He wasn't sure of who it was but at least he wouldn't be alone in that little store for several hours.

"No one is getting kidnapped." He declared, giggling at the idea of that happening. He honestly felt like he left the kidnapping and killing stuff when he ditched Harry.

And his life has been going pretty well until they started running into each other more often the usual. Its almost like it wasn't natural. Like someone had plotted it.

His smile stayed spread on his face as he shook his head because as much as he would love to chat, the man did have to get to work. So, with a casual roll of the eyes and a few witty comments, he strolled out of the apartment and into the hallway.

"Hello," he mumbled as he greeted the other tenants in the hallway. It was almost like he was a regular visitor due to the way that most of them had reciprocated and even added his name at the end.

It felt, in a way, nice that he had somewhere to go that often. Once again, at least he wasn't alone.

>>>