Five

A party was the last thing Louis wanted to do

A party was the last thing Louis wanted to do. Especially after seeing Zayn and Niall a few days prior which still had him shook. All he could think about was what the dark haired man had said about him choosing Catherine over them.

It wasn't true but Louis could see where he was coming from. All he did was spend time with her and post her on his social media accounts. He was never alone but it was better that way.

At least he wasn't crying himself to sleep and slitting his wrists in his bathtub.

He was in the company of someone who was there for him after Harry. Someone who gives him advice and helps him as he tries to make it on his own.

"We're going to have so much fun, Lou." Catherine shouted in excitement as she repeatedly searched for clothes to wear for the occasion. She wanted to dress in a slightly revealing top with skin tight jeans but most of her shirts were either dirty or not worth wearing.

Louis was sat on her couch, scrolling through his social media accounts to distract his mind from panicking. He really didn't feel like going to the party. He just wanted to go home and watch Netflix.

The sound of clothes hangers scratching against the metal pole in her closet was driving him crazy. The noise would repeatedly screech in his ears and the sound of her disapproving hums would only push him to the edge.

"You sure? Because last party, you just wanted to leave after an hour." He sighed, running a hand through his hair because he was now fishing for any excuse not to go.

"The drinks were horrible along with the music." She countered, her head poking out from the closet to reveal a large smile spread on her face. "That didn't stop you from taking someone home."

"You were having a bad time. Not me." He smirked, thinking back to the time he went to a wild party with Catherine and left with a muscly brunette with blue eyes and facial hair.

Ever since Harry, he has had an affinity for brunettes. A few blondes have made their way into the mix but it was mostly brown-haired beauties that got his attention.

"Well, it starts in two hours so i would turn that frown upside down and go get ready. Quit being a Debby-Downer and go home. Change into something cute."

Louis rolled his eyes at that, standing from his place on the couch to stretch his arms over his head. He felt that what he was wearing was fine but a quick glance of his reflection in the blank television screen said otherwise.

He knew by now how to dress. A basic graphic tee and tight jeans with vans. That was basically his whole closet. Which was a plus.

"Fine. Be by in an hour," he sighed, rubbing at the back of his neck as he collected his things before walking out of the loft with a frown. He tried to stay away from being alone at his apartment for so long.