Chapter 11: Fusion

Chapter 11: f u s i o n

"No!" Jean howled.

Annie reached her hand out, as if to stop Bertolt. Stumbling, she took off running towards the wall, Armin, Levi, Hange, Mikasa, Jean, Marlene and Scarlet maneuvering on last minute.

"I can barely k-keep my balance!!" Scarlet yelled as she tightly held on to a strand of Annie's hair. Annie was running so fast that Armin did fall off, with Mikasa catching him last minute. Hange climbed her way up to the top of Annie's head, holding onto her hair tightly. "THIS IS GREAT!"

"What a weirdo..." Levi muttered.

"The- the wall!" Armin cried, and Annie sped up even more.

"No!!" Marlene yelled as The Colossal Titan's foot collided with the gate.

"Humanity... It's... We're doomed..." Jean muttered.

"No, we're not. But Uh, where did Reiner g-go!?" Armin questioned frantically.

"He didn't make it on time to get on Annie! We- we just left him to die..." Jean realized. "No- no matter how skilled he is, no one can with-withstand so many Titans..."

"No..." Armin whispered. Annie knew better, however, and she sprinted quicker. Reiner would be leading the Titans here now that the wall had been breached. She would have to do something to fix the wall, but what?

"We're finally here..." Marlene said as the group jumped off Annie, and scaled the wall. Annie bent over, and panted. Of course, the Colossal Titan disappeared, and no one was in sight.

"Annie!" Armin yelled. "Can- can you harden your entire body to the wall? I think that would seal up the damage..."

Annie shook her head no, and talked through their minds.

"Armin, I can't... It's impossible."

"Isn't it worth trying!?" Armin screamed. "You're a solider! We are prepared to give our lives for humanity! Please, Annie, try!"

"I...I...!" Annie grimaced. "Tell them to get off me."

Armin sighed in relief. "Everyone, get off of Annie, quickly! She's gonna try to harden her body to the wall!"

Everyone quickly scrambled off, and Annie looked at the hole. Already, she could see Titans approaching. She took a deep breath, and closed her eyes.

"...!" The group stayed out as they watched.

Nothing happened.

"Why isn't it working?" Levi growled. "We don't have time for this."

"Annie, please!" Armin begged.

I'm trying! She shot back. I don't know how to!

"Armin." Hange said suddenly. "Please tell her to imagine that her body is merging with the wall."

"T-That's weird." He laughed hysterically as he gave the message to Annie.

"With the wall!? I don't even know how-ugh!" Annie's thoughts stopped flowing into Armin's mind as her leg began to fuse.

"That.. Worked?" Mikasa sighed.

"I guess the world isn't doomed after all..."
Scarlet looked relieved.

"... Everyone. Destroy the Titans coming near us. Fight until Annie finishes. Fight until the death, if that's what's required." Levi ordered. "Get a move on!" Immediately everyone began to move after changing their gas quickly.

"Annie- hurry up!" Jean barked. Annie glared in annoyance. Gradually, her titan body was beginning to harden to the wall- but not quick enough.

"Oh no." Armin groaned. In the distance, he was able to see the Armored Titan leading more Titans to the wall. "Annie, please hurry!"

"Armin, I can't go any faster than the speed im going right now. I don't know if this will end successfully." Annie's thoughts flooded into his head.

"I know that!" He snapped. Hange looked at him like he was crazy, because he seemingly had talked to no one. She shrugged her shoulders and continued killing Titans. "But we have to risk this- Agh!" Armin yelped as he was grabbed by a Titan.

"Armin!" Annie shouted into his mind, alarmed. "Armin, I'm coming-"

"No. Stay there-" Armin grimaced as the titan moved him closer to its mouth. "Continue- to fuse.." Armin squealed in fear as it stared at him. The Titan's huge mouth opened right below him. It dropped him in his mouth.He screamed as a hand grabbed his arm.

"Come on, kid. You've got to live longer than that!" Scarlet growled. She was parked on the Titan's chin- and she hauled him out.

"Th-thanks." He breathed as the two killed the titan.

"Yup- agh!" She went to use her gas canisters to move, but she was out. "I've got no more gas left." She was standing on the ground- she didn't have any change of outrunning a titan.

"...scarlet... Retreat. Get more gas." Armin ordered.

"...it'll be too late by then. You guys need my fire power.."

"...take my gas." Armin instructed.

"no. You're more important. I'll... " she hesitated. "I'll be fine. I'll do your plan. I'm gonna try to head back to the wall. I don't know if I'll get there on time, but I'll try."

"Good luck." Armin nodded as she began to run.

"Scarlet's already out of gas?" Levi sighed. "I told her-"

"She didn't get enough gas to begin with." Hange interrupted. "She wasn't ready when the first titan appeared." She dodged an attack from a titan, and proceeded to slay it.

"Tch... Damn it all." Levi glared as he sliced open the next Titan's neck. "What are our chances of winning?"

"Well, I mean. With Scarlet gone, our chances have dropped to about 43 percent."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Nope. We better hope Annie's almost done."

Armin. Maybe you should retreat. Your body is not suited to fight many Titans. Annie suggested. I'm almost done, anyway.

"No! I can't abandon my duty," Armin panted.

Armin.. You clearly cannot keep going. You look like you're about to pass out-

"Sh-shut up! I can do this- just go focus on your duty!" Armin gasped as a Titan almost grasped at him.

..fine. You better not die.

"I'm trying."

Armin, I'm done... My energy is fading fast.. I need you to pull me out of the nape or else I'll fuse with the wall.

"What!?"

(Predicted update schedule:
Monday's: Dimensions

Tuesday's: Crystallized

Wednesday's: nothing as of right now

Thursday's: Mushroom High: Senior Year

Friday's: Mushroom High: Senior Year OR Dimensions

Saturday's: Crystallized

Sunday's: nothing

Thanks for reading)