Chapter 27: Psychotic

C h a p t e r 2 7 : P s y c h o t i c

They were almost equal in height, with Saiko's titan form being slightly taller than Annie's. The Rain Titan snarled, throwing a quick left hook and Annie ducked under it, slightly slower than she would have liked. It seemed like it had been forever since she had used her Titan form to attack another Titan, most notably fighting Eren.

Holding up her fists in her signature style, Annie narrowed her icy blue eyes underneath her blonde hair. Crystallizing her fists, Annie quickly unleashed her own flurry of punches and then kicked straight towards Saiko.

Saiko easily dodged all of Annie's attacks, reminding Annie that Saiko was no easy opponent. Groaning internally, Annie ducked under Saiko's next punch and swiped her leg underneath Saiko quickly.

Saiko fell to the ground, crushing many buildings, and she was obviously irritated as she quickly rolled to the side to avoid Annie's foot. She stood, kicking both of her legs towards Annie and then coming around with another punch.

At the same time, Annie saw a small human from the corner of her eye, and she was lucky that she crystallized her nape. Kaira had swung in to try and land an easy blow, only for her blades to bounce off the hardened skin. Annie backed up slightly to avoid Saiko's assault.

"Still as perceptive as ever," Kaira mused. She propped herself on Annie's shoulder, sheathing her katanas. "Are you really going to hurt Annie, Saiko?"

The Rain Titan's eyes widened, the sight of Annie and Kaira aligned against her confusing it. Then it's icy blue eyes narrowed in anger.

"Kaira, get out of here," Annie directed to the red headed female. "Go clean up some of the other titans."

"As if she'll listen to just you," Kaira muttered. "Saiko, are you going to hurt me?"

In response, Saiko slammed her fist towards the two. Kaira held onto Annie as she dodged smoothly. While the look in Kaira's eyes was disappointed by the two of them fighting, she didn't look the least bit surprised.

"You've been told humans are bad your whole life," Kaira rolled her eyes at having to explain the mentality. "But that contradicts our relationship completely. Hate to remind you, but I'm a human."

Saiko showed no signs of stopping, so Kaira sighed.

"Saiko, stop this! Do you remember all the hardship and training we had to go through?" Kaira grit her teeth as she held onto Annie's hair for dear life. "That was hell, and for what? What are you fighting for, me? In case you haven't noticed, I'm fighting for the humans now!"

"Why!?" Saiko howled telepathically. "What has changed that made you switch sides?"

"Nothing changed, to be honest," Kaira shrugged. "Honestly, I still hate humans for leaving me to die. But Annie has switched allegiances, and I trust Annie's judgment. Don't you, Saiko? Annie and I are the people you trust most in the world, are you really going to keep fighting us?"

"Saiko...Saiko doesn't have a choice..." Saiko thought sadly, raising her fists once again. "This is what Saiko was raised to do...!"

"Die? Come on, Saiko! You know better. Stop fighting against us, and join with our cause!"

"...Okay."

"...Wait, really?" Kaira whispered into Annie's ear, making the Female Titan roll her cold blue eyes. "I honestly was making stuff up."

"All that matters is that she's with us."

The Rain Titan suddenly knelt to the ground, and Saiko crawled out of the nape quickly. Kaira swung down towards the blue haired girl. She quickly hugged Saiko, and Annie witnessed their close bond once again.

"...Sorry for hurting you, Annie.." Saiko apologized, brushing her hair out of her face. "Are you...um...sure your team will trust Saiko..?"

No, Annie wanted to reply. Hell, even though she knew the two well, they had always been a wild card. Even now, they weren't even fighting for humanity; they were fighting because Annie had defected. Yet, she couldn't just say that, so she simply nodded her head.

"Yes. Grapple up to me; we need to go find Reiner and persuade him to join us."

"Okay!" Saiko replied brightly and innocently. "Once he sees Saiko, Kaira, and Annie all on the same side, Saiko is sure he'll join us! Right?"

"I hope."

hey everyone! this is my christmas present to y'all haha! merry christmas and enjoy the holidays!

thanks for reading!