The Past

"There is no Light  without Dark, There is no Dark without Light. The very existence of each relies on the other."

Every night Morthwa would get covered in darkness. but with each morning came a Light that told the people of a new dawn. A new future. A new life. They had waited for so many years in such a darkness waiting for a dawn just like that. After all, they would tell their children of such a story. It had all started eleven years ago. For years, their previous king had ruled over them. He would rule with justice and mercy. he may have had the power of his scepter but he was far more than that. His mercy made him mightier than the mightiest. His justice made his earthly power into a heavenly power so beautiful that even God would envy it. His wife had given birth to a child, a boy--Their heir just a few years ago. Twin sisters soon followed. But fate wouldn't allow them peace. That day eleven years ago was the 18th Of November, 759. In the night, a Royal Ball was taking place. Everyone was invited. It was held in the ballroom of the castle, filled with lights and stuffed with the best gourmet for only one reason. It was Crown Prince Raphael's 7th birthday. It was calm, but it was the one before a storm. 

As it struck midnight, Assassins entered the castle. The Assassins worked for Him. He was someone no one had seen but His presence was heard. He was not human that was for sure as His powers were worse then even the worst. he had done great things. terrible but great. The Assassins were people from the various races who were corrupted by Him. Their forms hadn't changed , but they wore masks for fear of being recognized. They entered the castle and created fear and chaos. Rogue spells from the wizards hit innocent people, swords pierced into peoples hearts and it seemed as though the worlds happiness had left. It left many trembling within the darkness and it felt as though there was no escape. Every man, woman and child was in danger. Hundreds of them were injured, hurt, scarred and at least a dozen were dead. But it was worse for those who lived for they would have nightmares that didn't let them sleep, shocks and many other things. They would remember how they felt then, without any happiness. 

But it was much worse for the Royal's. Every single member killed. They would be found in every room, hiding in closets, stuffing themselves into bags but they would be found. It seemed luck favored only one. Raphael. He was with a good nymph who took him with her. She hid him inside her purple cloak as she made her way, dueling with assassins, throwing jets of water and finding out their deepest secrets to worm her way out of battle. She then went to the only family she trusted, the family of a carpet seller named Basahr. His wife-Quinil and he had desired a child since long but never had one. They decided to take him in, cherish him, treat him like their own kin, laugh at his jokes, smile at his achievements and cry  at his losses until The Time Was Right.  The nymph fled with all other nymphs, sirens and pegasus. It was then that He became King Of Thrombahr.

Hello! if you have stumbled upon this book than i must say thank you for reading, voting and commenting. I hope you like this and continue with this book further.

Yashhhhhhh