The Cottage

Ianuaria's sleeping body lay peacefully on the floor. Her eyes seemed to move under her eyelids. Then slowly, ever so slowly they opened. First only a tiny crack but then entirely. Immediately her hairs tips turned pink. A good sleep had made her happy. She pushed herself into a sitting position as she rubbed her eyes. Then she stretched her arms a little until--her eyes widened.

" I made a breakthrough didn't I?!'' She exclaimed. The Fire Phoenix was an extremely difficult thing to master. For Ianuaria it was a surprise--for she was the first nymph in nearly a century to have been able to do that.

Still she didn't receive a reply. It was then she realized that she wasn't  on the soft crumbly forest soil but rather a cool and white marble floor. She realized the room was a small room with what appeared to be a sloping roof. There were two small barrels which presumably were to sit on and a small rectangular table. The table was a dark wooden table made from Rosewood with elegant carvings on the edges. It had a backpack lying on it.A single window adorned the pale white walls of the room. It had a plain wooden frame around it. Outside, a scene of lush dark green shrubs with tiny glopixies lighting up the evening distracted her.

She was just going to walk outside when she glanced back at the backpack lying at the table. The same thing that she had used up her energy for came back into her mind. A dangerous gleam in her eyes now matched the smirk on her face. She would catch that Assassin. She quickly pulled open the backpack, rummaging through its contents. She found many jars with herbs, a compass, a map of Thrombär and two bottles of Ether. Her smirk faded being replaced with a frown. Just as she though about giving up, she found a wooden box? It had intricate carvings around its edges with a language she couldn't make head or tail of. Just when she was going to try to open it, she heard Syienne's scream. She shoved the box inside and ran out in worry. "He's done something" she said to herself in a worried whisper.

When she entered into another room, she could hear Syienne's scream louder than ever. But now close to her, she was sure it was..a laugh?
As she walked further into the room, she saw Syienne laughing as Rafe stood next to her. Rafe was showing Syienne some of the things he owned from back in Thrombär. In his hand was a small stuffed toy of sorts. As he tickled the stuffed toy, Syienne got tickled. Syienne's white face now had a pinkish tinge around her cheeks.
"Stop it!! Stop!" She said in between laughs. Even Rafe had a grin on his face.

Ianuaria  didn't need to make her presence known. She was almost 6 and a half feet tall. Just standing somewhere for a minute would result in people noticing her. The same thing happened. Rafe saw a shadow upon the floor and immediately stopped the tickleton- the stuffed toy. Syienne stopped laughing and as she was catching her breath, she noticed Rafe looking at someone. Syienne looked up. Then she ran towards Ianuaria hugging her tightly.

" Your okay!"

"Yes." Came a reply" Although I believe we have certain things to talk about." Continued Ianuaria looking pointedly at Rafe.

" He can come to Celegna with us."

"Really? Oh my Celegnis! That is so cool. Let me just go get some breakfast for you. Oh and also, in case you didn't realize Ianuaria, we are staying at Miss Mittleplums Cottages. Its only for now, seeing as its the last cottage being so deep in the Forest. I really need to go buy some potions from the witch in cottage 21..." Syienne continued rambling as she exited the cottage. It was no doubt, as she was flustered thought Ianuaria recalling what had happened a few minutes before.

It was then that Ianuaria had a chance to talk to Rafe, once and for all.
" You seem to be safe,Rafe atleast for now. But just so you know, I am right here, watching every move of yours like a Griffin."

" Did you really think I was a spy? I never asked to meet you so I don't know what's wrong with you."said Rafe, and then he stepped a little closer and whispered into Ianuaria's ear, " I left the bag there on purpose. That box won't open. I've tried it myself. Bye bye Nua."

Then he walked out to go help Syienne. "When they return, I want to know his story once and for all. I will control my anger," said Ianuaria to herself. "It is finally time."

So... how do you like this new update? It kind of shows Ianuaria's suspicion about Rafe. Rafe doesn't seem to clear that yet XD. What do you think?

Until tomorrow!
Yashhhhhhh