The Next Morning

Hello!
Sorry for this late update but it was festival season so I didn't do anything at all. Sorry for that.😣

Also 1.1K views!!! Thank you for that :)

The first ray of sunlight fell upon three sleeping bodies in the Forest. It was quite gentle at first, a single vertical line of light stood upon Syienne. Then instantaneously more rays of light fell upon her. She squinted her eyes, rubbing them with her hands and then stretched-yawning. She plucked herself off the transparent purple mattress and sat upon the earth, thinking. She thought of the previous night- nothing important had happened, they ate roasted tamsik stem and some random root she couldn't remember. Then with the sirens beautiful song, they fell asleep.

Syienne still sitting upon the rough and loamy earth took in a breath. She smiled taking in the cold air. It was beautiful around her, plants of different hues and tints of green hugged each other barely seeming to have any difference at all. Small chirps of color changing birds and squeaks of talking ferrets filled her ears.

Her finger brushed against the grass under her feet. That very grass shard was quite rough with a pointy knife like edge. It poked her, making her end up with a rather annoying cut. The small spheres of soil upon the moist earth were rough against her thin texture filled finger.

She heard the sound of a figure turning in its sleep just about to wake up. Then, she saw Rafe walking towards her.

"Sy..mornin"

"Good morning Rafe." She replied.

He sat down beside her, stretching his arms, yawning.

"Ugh! Get your morning breath away Rafe." Syiene said annoyed,using her hands to shut his mouth.

Rafe didn't reply but instead with an all knowing smile just pulled out the basket of berries, popping one into his mouth.

Soon, Ianuaria woke up and another chorus of good mornings followed though one, less eager than the other. Of course, that was Rafe.

A little while later, they began their trek again. Rafe with his backpack upon his back paced himself fast enough to reach Syienne.

"Hey" he said.

She smiled, " Hey to you too! Atleast you lost the morning breath."

"Ah! I'm sure you didn't mind it."

Syienne still smiled. She was probably still thinking about something.

Rafe then told her," Pewter coin for your thoughts?"

Syienne laughed and then placed her hand forward.

Rafe frowned and then put a pewter coin in her hand. Syienne smiled, pocketing the coin and then said,

"I was thinking about meeting my mother. I was thinking of her reaction, you know. Would she be happy? Or cross to see the girl she left behind with her sister? Did you know Ianuaria left Thrombär 11 years ago right after 'The Night'?  But she remained within this forest because, well she had to find a way to Celegna, to my mother but she had to raise me too. Thankfully just a while ago, we met another nymph who sold us the location. Not many actually dare to do that though but since we were nymphs she thought it would be fine."

"Hmm..." said Rafe.

All of a sudden, mid trek they stopped. For ahead, all the sunlight seemed to have been drained by a figure. There was darkness in front of them. Literally. It was Midnight. She simply cackled, and then with a nasty smirk upon her face she said," Nua! Its so nice to see you sister."

***

Yes, you read correct: it said sister! Want to know more?
Wait until the next update :)
How do you like this short but whatever update

Oh yes, don't forget to vote ;)

Yashhhhhhh