"It is time"

"What do you mean by that, Nero?" Said Rafe as he looked at his parents and best friend wondering what was going on.

They were shocked on finding him there. Nero's green eyes flashed in surprise. Quinil played with her curly hair nervously as she thought of what to say. Quinil wasn't that tall, maybe 5 and a half feet? But still she carried this kind of authority as thought she ruled over them all. She had curly black hair and dark brown eyes, almost brown.

Her face was tan, the exact tint like Rafe's. Rafe exacted her looks so much that he thought that he really was there son and had received all of Quinil's traits for Basahr was much much different.

Basahr was 5 feet and 8 inches, a peach color with  nice heavy black hair and a beard. He was quite hefty, whole and plunp as though he'd just 'eaten' his favorite cake store, is that even possible? His eyes almost always had that warm grey shade that showed his humbleness and great pride for his job.

Not many would be happy with a job of selling magical carpets but weirdly enough he was. He often looked like he was wearing a big brown carpet. He would stay seated on a carpet hovering over the ground as people formed a line just to buy his special carpets. They helped escape from Assassins, many would say gratefully as they gave him a big tip while some would criticize that they tripped over them because they rose too high.

Talk about their clumsiness he would think. But his steady whole income prevented him from leaving his job. Also, the security he got buy flying higher up when the Assassins came saved both his life and his money.

"Do you know how old elves can live till?" Asked Quinil.

"Well, Lord Camuel - who was the oldest-died at the age of 713 right?"

"Yes..well you see Nero here isn't really 18 years old like you."

"Yeah I know."

"You know that-"

"-that he's 19? Yes"

It was in the middle of Quinil and Rafe's conversation that Basahr decided to cut it short.

"What Quinil here's trying to say is that Nero your 'best friend' is 55 years old. He was her friend who volunteered to watch over you."

"55? Volunteer? What is all this?" He asked Basahr and Quinil as he furrowed his eyebrows trying to understand. Then he looked towards Nero and said," You were never my best friend right?" He said so with such vengeance and hatred that he terrified them.

Then he did what he had somehow done all throughout his life. He ran. The comparatively big  wide spaced cottages were replaced with small room sized tightly fitted cottages. It was the place where you could eat, drink and have fun in the variety of shops. Some had people who cried out " We sell A+ grade dragon meat!"

Or

" Get yourselves two bottles of  Ether and get the third free!!"

Or even

"Get yourself a talking ferret!"

But he just did what he had to. It was only afternoon but using his age as a reason he went to try some Ether. Then some more. Then some more. Until it was evening. Most people were smart enough to go home before evening to escape the Assassins. But alas Rafe realized only when he saw all the shops shut and the Assassins just a kilometre away. He couldn't run as his shirt got stuck.He was going to die, he thought. The Assassins cries kept getting louder. He had no way to go.

Then he saw a tall person in a navy blue cloak with a golden lining. He pulled out a golden dagger, swiftly cut of that part of his shirt and then pulled him into a shut shop.

They entered and shut the door. The person removed the cloaks hood. The person had long golden hair and blue eyes. Rafe gasped. It was--it was Nero's father.

So what do you guys think of this new chapter?!! The main plot is soon going to commence!! And what do you think about Quinil and Rafe's similarity??

Please make my day and press the little star!
Yashhhhhhh