Chapter 1

"Tag! You're it Philly!" I giggled as me and Phil were playing tag on the playground. No one else ever came to this playground, because it was rusty and void of color, but to me and Phil, it was a kingdom.

"That's Sir Philly to you!" He yelled back at as he started to chase me. He followed me up the ladders and down the slides. Tag was my favorite game.

"Sir Daniel of the Howell kingdom, I declare thee 'it'" he said in he poshest accent he could do whist tagging me.

"You're an idiot" I giggle. With that there was a mutual agreement to take a break. He didn't run from me, and instead we both say there giggling.

"When I'm older do you think I could be a real prince?" He fantasized.

"Sure thing Philly, you can go slay all the dragons." I laugh with him. He pushes my over, jokingly at my sarcastic remark.

"Dragons aren't real!" He claimed.

"Neither are princes!" I remark.

"Yes they are you idiot!"

"Oh"

We laugh fondly together for a while, laying back in the grass around the playground watching the clouds go by.

"Besides, you're only seven. You don't have to worry about when you grow up yet. " I say quietly to him. He doesn't respond for a minute, and I worry he didn't even hear me.
" I know, but I think growing up with you will be loads of fun. We can live together when we are older. You can be a prince too!" He answered finally.

"Philly, we can't live together, what about our wives? And children?" I ask his, smiling at his idea.

"We don't need wives, we'll have each other. Maybe we could raise kids together." He turns his head from the sky to look over at me, grinning.

"Of course we need wives, silly. Maybe we could be next door neighbors." I suggest.

"Maybe" he sighs.

We sit in silence for a while longer before a smirk crosses my face. Phil is paying attention to the sky again, so I use this as an opportunity. I quickly poke his rib cage and stand up fast.

"Tag!" I yell, as he's still trying to get up.

"No fair, you meanie!" He says, running after me.

Phil is a little faster then I am, so I use my lead to get away. I run past the play structure into the near by woods. We aren't really supposed to go in there, but I did, and sure enough, Phil followed.

He was quickly gaining on me, and I couldn't let him tag me now. A small pond was quickly gaining on me and so I came up with a great idea.

I ran across the dock that goes a couple meters into the pond. When I reach the end of the dock, I hold my breath, and jump.

There are a few seconds where I can't see or hear anything as I sink under the water. When my feet hit the bottom, for its pretty shallow, I kick against the bottom shooting me back up.

"You're and idiot, Danny." Phil yelled form the edge of the dock. I knew he couldn't swim well, so the water was a perfect escape. Though, I didn't plan on him slipping, and falling in.

I didn't know what to do.

I woke up a few hours later to a loud beeping sound. I couldn't remember anything that happens after phil fell into the water. I pried my eyes open, the bright lights nearly blinding me. I'd seen enough TV to know I was in a hospital.

I wasn't hurt though, Nor was I connected to anything beeping. I look around to see Phil connected to tubes and machines. He was paler then normal.

Mrs. Lester, who was crying in the corner of the room, saw I was awake.

"Dan, Honey, are you okay?" She asked, getting up and wrapping me in a tight hug. I nod as she lets go of me.

My feet pad across the floor as I walk over to phils bed.

"When's he gonna wake up?" I ask innocently, and Mrs. Lester cries harder.

---------------------

THANK YOU TO THE AMAZING literalxxtrash FOR ANOTHER AMAZING COVER! YOURE THE BEST!