Chapter 19

"Oh grow up" Phil laughed at me. I missed the way his tongue pokes out of the side of his mouth when he laughs.

"Do I have to?" I ask, pulling my best puppy dog eyes. I see fondness flash over his eyes before pushing me away.

"You idiot" He giggled.

"Why am I an idiot?" I smile cockily.

Phil gets down on his knees, like me and he sit on the grass. His face gets closer and closer to mine, but something showing on his face tells me this isn't meant to be romantic.

I was right, instead he leans close to my ear and I think his going to whisper.

He doesn't.

"YOU'RE AND IDIOT BECAUSE I SAID SO MR. HOWELL" He yelled, rupturing my ear drum, probably. He fell back in laughter ad I cursed and the pounding in my ear.

"That was completely and utterly unnecessary, Prince Lester" I said once he regained himself from his short episode of laughter.

"That was completely and utterly unnecessary" Phil repeated back to me in a jokingly mocking tone, " Well that was completely and utterly posh!"

"It wasn't posh... it was articulate" I respond in a defensive tone.

"He says poshly" Phil remarks under his breath.

"Poshly isn't even a word! And somehow I'm the idiot?" I tease him.

Phil raises his arms in show of defeat, "That's why you're the posh one"

" articulate!" I correct again.

Phil smiles warmly and me, before laying back on the grass. He looked up at the sky, which was still a bright blue under the afternoon sun. It reminded me too much of the last day I had with phil.

"You're cute when you're flustered, you know that?" He said with a chuckle, "and that blush on your cheeks is also cute"

Once he mentioned the blush, I became utterly aware of how hot my cheeks had gotten. It's weird, this have changed so much between Phil and me.

As I looked at phil, laying peacefully in the grass, I took notice to how odd he looked based on his personality. He looked dark and closed off when the Phil I knew- know is the warmest, brightest person you could meet. I wish I had more time to learn every detail from his life here without me.

I go and lay next to Phil in the grass, and he looked over at me instantly.

"Have you fought and Dragons without me, sir Howell?" Phil asked in a serious tone. Along with the seriousness, I could also hear a bit of reminiscence in his voice. He was referring to the conversations we had on my last day with him. (If you want to remember this more clearly or understand better, go and reread Chapter 1)

"Dragons still aren't real, Phil." I say with a soft smile, memories creeping back into my head.

"Maybe, but I'm beginning to think Princes are real." He smiled looking deep into my eyes, and I was looking back at his. I used to think his eyes were the color of the ocean, but here and now, they seem to be more the color of the pond he'd fell into. Like drops of it are still a part of him.

"Princes have always been real" I say, my voice quieting, with a slight giggle.

"I know but... okay. I mean, like- I think you are a prince. Or like to me you are. Like- I don't know I was trying to be romantic or cheesy or something I don't know." Phil sighs, sitting up.

"You've always been my prince." I whisper. (Reference to what dan said to Phil at his funeral in chapter 2)

--------------------------

I totally wrote this chapter last week so I didn't have to write it well I'm on vacation. Oops. You still love me right?

So I hope this is going out to you on the scheduled day, but maybe it's a week later idk :/

Anyways!

Love you! Bye! 

~ Madi