Chapter 18

It was going on the second day of Dan being here, and all I could think about was how long he can stay here before people get worried in his world.

I was thinking about that... and about the fact that I really want to stay with Dan.

He looks so different from when we were young. He's so grown up. He's gotten really attractive.

I had found myself smiling sadly when I woke up late in the night only to find Dan had yet to sleep. Or when he opens my bedroom door 5 times before actually leaving. My heart sinks knowing I did that to him.

Even though it wasn't my fault, it still feels like it was.

With everything with Dan going on, I've had almost no time to process the information that I had forgotten like the fact that I died! That as a coping mechanism I had an imaginary friends called Dan who I slowly forgot about. How I have PTSD for losing my mom even though I've been living with her forever... though it's not her? I don't know. I don't understand any of this.

"Phil, do you want to go to the park?" Dan asked quietly, looking out my bedroom window.  Though there are many parks around here, I knew the one dan was talking about.

Dan was talking about the park we used to go to all the time and the one we played tag at...

"Yeah, let's go." I say back.

The walk to the park seemed sad, like impending doom was all we had on our minds. It's nothing like how it was before. When we were young we would race the the park yelling "Last one there is a rotten egg!" Or something else dumb kids say.

But no matter how dumb it seems, it's beat our quiet march the open grasslands where the only sounds are Dan's uneven breaths, and the rock that I'm kicking down the road.

"Dan?" I say, finally breaking through the thick layer of quiet.

"Yeah?" He replied, not breaking his eyes from the road, avoiding cracks, to look up at me.

"I know that you really need to get home, but maybe... Maybe you she stay one more day?" I offer. Originally I was going to make him go home today. As much as I want him hear, I really don't want everyone to worry about him because I'm being selfish.

One day can't do harm, can it?

Dan stopped dead in his tracks, and peeled his eyes off the ground to look at me now.

"Really?!" He asked, excitement in his voice.

"Really." I smile at him. A big, genuine smile.

In that moment, it felt like the movie The Wizard of Oz when it goes from all black and white, to beautiful color.

The smile that painted his face and the engravment of a dimple on his cheek flushed over the world in vibrant colors. The colors that only he could provide in my life.

Dan calmly walked over the the grass, careful still to not step on a crack. Once he got on the grass he looked at me mischievously.

"RaceYouToTheParkSlowPokeLastOneThereIsARottenEgg!" Dan yelled, all his words slurring into one to which I could hardly understand. He took off running on the grass so he didn't have to worry about the poor condition of the roads.

Dan beat me to the park, though I totally would have won if it was fair and Dan didn't have the head start... obviously.

"Fine you win, but you cheated" I glare jokingly at him.

"You wish, you're just salty that I won and you're the rotten egg" He beamed.

"Oh, grow up" I laugh.

"Do I have to?" He asked, with puppy dog eyes.

---------------------------

Yo yo yo everybody!

I like this chapter, it's cute and I like it.

Next chapter is more cute cute cute stuff.

Okay so I'm going on vacation all next week and I'm not sure if I'll have the WiFi to upload, so if I don't I'll have 2 uploads the week after. If I do have wifi, you can still expect an upload next week!

Love you! Bye!

~Madi