Chapter 23

When we woke up the blanket fort had fallen onto us in our sleep. I'm not sure of we pulled it down in our sleep, or it was just the crappy way we built it. Probably both.

Dan is still asleep but he's now over on the other side of the room.  I guess he moves a lot in his sleep.

Maybe he felt my stare, but he slowly stirring awake.

"What time is it?" He mumbled  sleepily. His voice is rough and tired from sleep. It reminds me of when we were little and he's always wake up later then me and his voice sounded tired too. His voice is deeper now then it was.

"I don't know, get a watch." I saw sarcastically.

Dan sits up, jokingly annoyed at me. Until he starts to smile.

"Okay. How long are you going to let me stay  here?" He asks after a moment. I had been thinking about that a lot. He can't stay long, time is passing without him and people will start to get worried.

But I'm also selfish and want him here. I want him with me. He's my best friend.

"Well today's Saturday, if you stay today and leave late tomorrow you can say you spent the weekend somewhere. I think it gives us a small, but good enough amount of time together, and gives you a reasonable lie to tell when you get back. " I answer. I think all I said is reasobable. Of course I would ideally like him to never go back. He could live here happily with me. He could even see my therapist about all the things he has.

But if course he couldn't stay.

"Well, if we only have that much time, what are we doing sitting around?!" He asked, jumping quickly to his feet.

"Where are you going?" I yell to him as he runs up the stairs

"Getting dressed. I'm borrowing your clothes" he yells back just as I hear a shut of my for closing. I laugh for a moment and then start my walk up to my room. I wait outside the door until he opens it. He's picked out my black jeans and one of the only black shirts I own. Of course he did.

I shoved him out of the room to get changed as well. He was right, we had to make the most of our time. I put on black jeans as well, and a blue shirt.

I run my fingers through my hair and throw my contacts in before leaving my room. I nearly forget my phone on out way out the door too.

"So, where to first?" Dan asked as we walk out in the morning air.

"I was thinking we could go to a café for some breakfast. I could totally go for some pancakes right now" I said and put a hand over my stomach to emphasize my urge to have pancakes.

Dan laughed and nodded. We both knew what diner we were headed too. It was the one my mom loved. She would always take us there on Saturday mornings. She would always get the same thing. And sometimes even let us get hot chocolate. Just likes my mom, Mrs. Lester knows many people who work at this diner so I do too.

"Phil, honey, how are you sweetie? It's been so long since you've come here, you're getting so big. Oh and you brought friend, how nice." Judy, the head waitress, greets us at the door.

She sets us a table and makes light conversation with me when she can.

"So what can I get you?" She asks

"Just the usual for both of us" I smile at her.

--------------------

I'm so tired. I want death. Like school and stuff. I also have drivers ed today from 6-8 and then driving from 8-10. Kill me.

Anyways, hi, I'm back. Sorry about the lack of update last week, I was sick and dying! But I'm all good now!

Love you! Bye!

~Madi