Chapter 29

I watched Dan stare into still water of the pond. Night had fallen over the town, and everything was quiet. He looked so sad, looking into the fragile water were he had a faded reflection, and I didn't. Because I don't belong there. Not anymore.

"What's going to happen to me when I go through?" Dan said, his voice soft and broken.

"I don't know."

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

He threw his arms around me, and I hugged him tight. I wondered if I'll ever see him again. I hope.

"We should get a picture, so I can always remember this." He said, wiping tears from his eyes. He pulled out his phone that hasn't had any connection this whole time, but could still take pictures.

The moonlight made the picture kind of dark, but it was still perfect.

"Oh, so you think you're going to forget this?" I joke, but it didn't sound like much of a joke, it sounded sad.

"No, not really. I'm going to set it as my home screen though"

"I love you, Dan"

"I love you too, Prince Philly" Dan tried for a smile but it was a sad one; he couldn't help it.

"Goodbye" I whisper, as he makes his way to the water.

---------------------------

Whoop whoop the next chapter is the end! I can't believe it's over!?

All 3 of my stories are ending/ended and after these are done I'm only going to start one for a while.

It's going to be on Tuesdays starting next week and I'm super excited for it!

Love you! Bye!

~Madi