Chapter 7

It's funny, when you die, it's a very unique experience. I never knew this, and of course there was no way to, but it's interesting.

Did you know, that's sometimes, if you die before your time, you get a second chance? A chance to try again, but in a different world.

Everyone has a set time for them to die, but sometimes it's a miscalculation, and you die before your time, that happened to me.

I get to try again. Another Universe, similar to mine, but there's one catch.

I loose everything i had.

I loose my family, my room, my phone.

I loose Dan.

I almost wanted to  say no. I didn't want to live in a world without my best friend, but i knew it's what dan would have wanted for me. He would want me to be happy.

When i woke up I was on the grass near the pond. My back was pressed against the ground and the sky was dark. I could feel a cool breeze as I looked at the cloudless sky. It was odd.

It has no stars.

I sat up, facing the pond. My head ached slightly, but I didn't pay attention to that when i saw there in the reflection of the pond, you can see stars.

I crawl up to the water, ignoring how cold I suddenly am. I glance into the water.

I have no reflection.

This is weird. what are the laws to this universe? What do I do?

Its late, and cold, and im tired. My head is killing me and I just  want to go to sleep. I pick myself up, and start walking to my house.

After a few minutes of walking a reach my front door, but it's locked. I knock.

"I dont want to buy anything." A woman, my mom, yelled from behind the door.

"No im not selling anything mom, its me, Phil!" I yelled back. I heard locks un clicking. The door creeped open and I was faced with my mom.

"Sweetie, I think your lost. Whats your name? Phil, you said?" I nod, "Phil how old are you?"

"Im seven" i say confused. I just want to go home.

"Honey, do you know where you mom or dad is?" She asked me. She's my mom!

"Yes. Your my mom, silly." I tell her, laughing, thinking its a joke.

"You look so tired and cold. Come inside, you can stay here tonight, and I'll work on finding your mom." She smiles, welcoming me in. I don't understand, but some rest is all im really focused on.

My mom gives me warm blankets that I recognize as my own. I don't like this world. I don't think this is what dan would have wanted for me. He would want me to be happy, but having my mom not know me is sad, not happy.

She might not be my mom, but at least she's here. Maybe tomorrow I'll see if dan is here too. I already miss dan. I wish I would have been able to finish our tag game. I would have won. I always win.

I really wish dan was here. He would tell me that he's sure my mom does know me, and it's just a joke. Like when he told our pre school class he was moving away and all his friends gave him going away gifts. Just a joke.

And I'd believe him.

But he's not here, and it's no joke.

I doze off to hearing my not mom on the phone saying: "he's seven. No I don't know is full name, all he told me was Phil. He kept calling me his mom. My last name? Lester. What does that have to do with anything? Of course Phil Lester didn't show up on your computer, he's not my kid. I've never seen him before. No I won't ask him, hes sleeping. Fine, ill call back in the morning. Thank you.

Goodnight."

------------------------------

Haha wipped that out in 20 minutes xD sorry if its no good, it was sad to write.

Writing is hard because you know how it's gonna end, and you just want to get there already. Ugh. Whatever, my problems are dumb.

Anyways thanks for reading! Leave a comment about something, because why not.

Love ya! Bai!

-madi