|F O U R|

As I looked through the thin gap between the wall and the door, I noticed someone dancing. I couldn't even tell who it was, but they were definitely dancing. And good dancing too. Like they knew how to dance, and it actually wasn't bad. I pushed the door a little bit more so that I could see better, but apparently there was a chair on the other side of the door.
And it had fallen over and made a huge thump. My heart raced. The person dancing happened to be a boy. He seemed like he was my age. He turned around so quickly that even if I wanted to run, I couldn't. He looked at me like I was his favorite food or something important to him. I didn't see why, I mean I look like a trash can. He then changed his face expression to looking shocked.

He walked over to me slowly, and I would've backed away but I didn't want to be rude. Once he stopped walking, he was right in front of me just staring. It made me feel uncomfortable. I hate when people stare. He then yelled,

"Alex! It's been so long! What are you doing here?!"

"Um, excuse me?"

"Alex, it's Mario. Don't you remember me."

"I'm sorry but I don't know you."

"Yea you do. Remember? Remember the water slides, the Christmas gifts, and the paper airplanes? You gotta remember."

"I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about."

I really didn't know him. I didn't even know how he knew my name. To me, he seemed like a stranger.

"Remember this?"

He then slid up his sweater sleeve, and showed me a colorful, actually quite beautiful bracelet. It had fit around his wrist perfectly. It had diamonds too.

"That's beautiful." I said.

"You're the one who bought it."

"I did?"

"Yea. You even had my name personalized too."

He then turned the bracelet around, so that I could see.

"Mario."

"Yes Alex?"

"Is it really you?"

"Yep." He grinned.

When I saw his name and the shiny pearls around it, everything came back to me. Mario and I had been friends since second-grade to fifth-grade. We were best friends. We were so close, everyone thought we were dating. Even the teachers thought we liked each other. When really, we were just really good friends.