Chapter 6: Am I In Danger?

Emily went straight home.
She took her gun out and went around the apartment checking everything. She looked around the place and everything was okay.
She got her phone and called Hilary.

"Hilary?" Emily said.

"Hi, Is everything alright?" Hilary asked.

"Yeah. I just got back now" Emily said. "I'll be there to get Bella in a little while" she said.

"Oh no problem" Hilary said.

"Thanks."

"See you soon" Hilary said.

"Bye" Emily said and hung up.
She walked around the house locking all the windows; she packed a go bag for her and one for Bella, just in case, and put it in her closet. Then she set up the alarm and went to Hilary's apartment to get her daughter.
She tried to stay calm. She couldn't let the girl know what was happening.

Emily worked on Ian's case when Bella was little. It was her last case before she joined the BAU.

Emily rang Hilary's bell and soon the woman opened the door.
"She's asleep on the couch" Hilary said Emily smiled and walked inside.
"Are you alright?" Hilary asked as she noticed on Emily's face that something was wrong.

"Yeah I'm okay" Emily said.

"Hard case?" Hilary asked.

"Yeah" Emily said.
She picked Bella up, said goodnight to Hilary and went home.
She placed the girl on her bed and went back downstairs. She blocked the door with a cabinet, in case someone tried to get in. She got a chair and placed it next to the stairs in a way she could look at the front door.
She sat on it with a loaded gun in hands.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

It was almost 3 in the morning when Bella woke up from a bad dream. She tried going back to sleep but she couldn't, so she walked to Emily's bedroom. She was confused when she didn't see her mom in there.
She walked downstairs thinking maybe Emily went to get some water or something.
As she got to the last few steeps Emily jumped and pointed the gun at her, the woman was ready to fire.

Isabella jumped scared covering her ears, and threw herself on the ground as so many tears started to fall.

"I'm sorry" Emily said noticing what she had done. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" she said putting the gun down on the floor and walking to Bella who just started sobbing.

"I'm sorry, baby." Emily said and picked her up. She sat on the chair with the girl on her lap.

"I thought you were gonna shoot me" Bella cried.

"I'm so sorry I scared you" Emily said feeling really bad. She could feel the girl shaking. "I'm sorry. Try to calm down" she said running her hand on the girl's back.

"What are you doing here mommy?" Bella asked still crying and shaking.

"I couldn't sleep" Emily said unsure of what to tell the girl.

"You couldn't sleep so you sat here with a gun?" She asked crying.

"I'm so sorry I scared you" Emily said.

"What's going on?" Bella asked her.

Emily took some time to think and then said "look you have to promise me you won't tell anyone".

"I won't" Bella said sitting up straight to look at Emily.

"Not even Uncle Morgan or Penelope... Or your friends. You cannot tell anybody" Emily said. "Okay?" She said running her thumb on the girl's left cheek. "A few weeks ago the team had case and the unsub ended up dying." She lied. "He had a son that we didn't know about and today I found out and I went to bed and had a bad dream and couldn't sleep anymore"