Chapter 46: JJ and Hotch

Outside the bathroom Derek, the principal and the nurse could hear everything.

"How is Bella doing with all of this?" The principal asked.

"She's a strong kid" Derek said.

.

After a while, Bella calmed down.

"Can we go now?" Bella asked.

"Yes" Emily said and they got up. "Wash your face" Emily said and Bella went and did that. Once done, she grabbed her mother's hand and they walked out. Instead of walking to Derek looking for comfort as Bella had done for so long now, she just hid behind her mom.

"Is everything okay?" The principal asked and Emily said "yes".

"Let me get her bag" the man said and walked to the girl's classroom.

Derek walked closer to Bella and asked if she was okay and she just nodded. Her eyes filled with tears again so Emily wrapped her in a hug.

The principal asked Chloe to get Isabella's bag and then he gave it to Derek and they headed to the car. The girl sat on the back with Emily as Derek drove home.
When they got there, Bella went straight to her bedroom. She didn't even stop to talk to Penelope who had been waiting worried for them.

"Is she okay?" Garcia asked and Emily shook her head no.

Derek followed Bella to the bedroom while Garcia hugged Emily. Derek walked in to find Bella laying on the bed with Lulu.

"Princess, It's not bed time" Derek said and Bella ignored him. "Bella out of bed right now. Come on, you can sit with us in the living room" he said.

"No!" Bella yelled.

Emily heard and rushed in.
"Let me" Emily told Derek and he walked out. He hoped Bella would listen to Emily because he knew that her wanting to stay on the bed meant trouble, meant hard times.

"Bell." Emily said sitting next to the girl on the bed and taking a deep breath. Bella didn't move.
"Honey. Being here and being upset is not going to help" she said. Bella sat up and sat on her lap.

"I'm tired" Bella said and the tears started falling.

"Tired of what baby?" Emily asked as the girl got in a comfortable position.

"Of feeling bad" she cried.

"Oh honey" Emily said and tightened the hug. Emily stayed quiet for a while and just let Bella cry. She never liked when Bella held the tears in.
"Look" she said after sometime. "I know it's a lot for your little head, baby. I know it's a lot... and we can't just expect you to be fine and okay with everything. But you know that I can't let you pull away. And I'm not going to. Ever. Neither will Derek. He loves you and he wants you to be okay too" Emily said.

"I'm just not ready for all of this. I can't go to school, mom. I just... People keep looking at me and they know what happened. And I keep thinking about you and where you are. I'm not ready, mommy. I can't do it" Bella cried.

"Baby, there's just two weeks left of school. You have a bunch of tests now. I know it's hard but you're a big girl and I know that you understand how that works." Emily said. "Bella, you know that you might fail if you miss the finals" she said.

"Can't I just be homeschooled?" Bella asked.

"No honey. It's just two more weeks and then it's done"

"I wanna stay here. I don't wanna spend the whole day there" Bella said crying.

"I know Bella" Emily said feeling bad.

"Can't I just go and do the test and come home? I don't want to be there all day" Bella said.