Chapter 52: The Top Of The Hill

Later that day Emily took Bella to school and 30 minutes later they walked out.

"You were so fast today" Emily said a bit worried.

"It was English" Bella said and Emily smiled.

"Well, while you were there I got a call and guess what...?" Emily said.

"What? Just tell me" Bella said curious.

"We can go get the key right now" Emily smiled.

Bella smiled and wrapped her arms around Emily.
Suddenly Emily felt Bella's body shake. And she just knew things were moving fast.

She lifted the girl up.
"I know you're scared but we'll be happy there. I promise" she said.

"I know" Bella said.

"We'll be happy and we'll be safe." Emily said walking to the car.
She put Bella down and the girl wiped her face and got in. Emily did the same.

"Honey, I thought you were so excited for this" Emily said.

"I am. I just... It's a little scary, mom. I want to be with you and I know I'll be safe with you but... I'm scared I'm gonna need them... and they are not gonna be there" Bella told Emily exactly how she was feeling.

"I promise you that you can just call them, whenever you want, and they'll go there or I'll take you to Derek's house, to Penelope's house. It doesn't matter. Okay? I promise you. They're your family too" Emily said and hugged Bella.

Bella let go of the hug and said "I'm just stupid, I know. I'm scared of these stupid things"

"You're not stupid, Bella. I know it's a big step. You got used to them and you love them. Changes can be scary, I know" Emily said.

Bella wiped her face.

"Look, why don't we go and get Lulu and then we can get the key and go take a look at the house again, huh? You can play in the backyard with her"

"Okay" Bella said.

"Yeah?" Emily asked with a little smile.

"Yeah. I think she'll like it" Isabella said trying to hide a smile but failing.

"I think she'll like it too" Emily said. "Oh and I was thinking of painting my room a shade darker then it's now. What do you think?" Emily asked.

"Cool" Bella said and they buckle up.

Emily started the car and suddenly Bella asked "Mom, can we paint my room too?"

"Of course" Emily smiled. "Do you have a color in mind?" She asked.

"Pink?" Bella said making a face.

"Isabella Marshall, you want a pink bedroom?" Emily asked surprised.

Bella nodded yes.
"Light pink like my bedding." Bella said.

"Alright. Light pink will be" Emily laughed because Bella was never a really big fan of pink. She had never ever asked for a pink bedroom. Emily was surprised she wanted it to be pink.

"Mom, I want it to be kind of like it is now... but pink. I think it would look better being pink" Bella explained.

"You can paint any color you want" Emily said smiling.
Bella smiled too and Emily drove to Derek's house. They got Lulu and went to Rhodes Homes to get the keys.

"Miss Prentiss, good morning" a man said as Emily walked in holding Lulu's leash. Bella was just one step behind still a little bit nervous to be out and about.

"Good morning. I came to see Martha" Emily said.

"You can go right in." The man said and they walked inside the lady's office.
Emily signed the final contract and Martha handed her the keys.