Chapter 19: Letters

Derek carried Bella out of the plane and as they walked to the FBI SUV the girl woke up scared. She felt like someone was kidnapping her again. She looked around and only relaxed when she spotted Reid and Penelope walking next them.
"We're home" Garcia gave her a little smile and Bella rested her head on Derek's shoulder again.
They walked to the car and got in.

"Straight to my house?" Derek asked Bella. The little girl nodded and Hotch started driving.

Bella didn't want to go back to the apartment.
At least not yet.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

"Morgan?" Reid asked as Derek was about to get out of the car.

"Yes kid" Derek said and looked at him.

"May I stay for a while?" Reid asked a little uncomfortable.

"Of course" Derek said and stepped out. He carried Bella inside as Penelope and Reid followed close behind.

"Penelope, you can stay in the guest bedroom with her." Morgan said. "Then we'll figure it out".

"Okay" Penelope said.

Morgan took Isabella to the living room. Reid followed him as Penelope took her bag and her computer to the guest bedroom. Then she walked to the living room to find Bella asleep again. She walked to Derek and said "Can I use your car to go buy some things? There's really nothing here for a child"

"Of course. The key is above the fridge" Morgan said.

"Can I go with you?" Reid asked.

"Sure" Garcia said walking to the kitchen.
They got the key and went to the car, leaving Derek home alone with Bella, who stayed asleep till they got back.

.

"What do you want to buy?" Reid asked Garcia as she parked the car.

"Just some things she likes to eat and maybe a few toys or books to distract her a little." Penelope said.

"You think she won't go home any time soon?" Reid asked.

"With Bella you never know. But I think she needs a little time right now. We can't rush her" Penelope said and they got out of the car.

"Maybe we could stop to get her blanket" Reid said.

"Good idea, genius" Penelope smiled and they walked in.
They walked around the place and Penelope got some food, little snacks and candy she knew Bella liked to eat. She also got a book Reid said Bella didn't have, two puzzles, a big comfy dark purple throw, a few outfits for the girl and a pink bear with colorful polka dots on it. They paid and headed to the BAU.
Penelope and Reid walked in and everyone was telling them how sorry they were for Emily's death. They both felt awful.

"Let's just get the blanket and go" Reid said.
They went to Garcia's office. She unlocked a drawer, got the blanket and they left.

"Tooth brush" Penelope remembered as they got to the car.

"Stop at a pharmacy" Reid said. Penelope drove for a while and they stopped. She got Bella a tooth brush and they went to the car.
As she was about to start the car, her phone rang.
She picked it up and it was Hilary.

"Oh God, it's Hilary" she said scared to answer when she saw.

"You have to answer" Reid said and she answered.

"Hello" Garcia said trying to sound calm.

"Penelope it's Hilary. Hi...ummm. It's just that I... " The woman tried talking but it was hard. She took a deep breath and went on. "A lady that works with me mentioned her husband is at home today because a lady at his work was kidnapped with her daughter and passed away. He works for the FBI and I couldn't stop thinking about you guys. I texted Chloe and she said Bella wasn't at school so I started calling Emily's house and no one picked up. Then I called the office and her phone and nothing. Is it her...? Did something happen?" Hilary said crying.