Chapter 7: Lauren

Garcia woke up that Friday morning and woke Bella up. They went to get ready and Bella realized she didn't have her uniform and she told Penelope she was not allowed to go without it so they went to the office. Emily was glad to see the girl there.
"Text Chloe and ask if she can get your homework" Emily told Bella.

"Okay" the little girl said and sat next to Emily's seat.

.

Around noon, the team had a case.
Emily went to the conference room and there was nobody there yet so she called one of her friends that worked with her on Doyle's case.

"Tsia, it's Emily"

"Hi" Tsia said happy to talk with her friend. "How's the little one?" She asked.

"Good... Umm...Where are you?" Emily asked serious.

"Is there something wrong?" Tsia asked noticing Emily's voice.

"Have you talked to Sean?" Emily asked.

"He's been calling me" Tsia said.

"But you haven't talked to him?" Emily asked.

"I don't work for him, Emily. I'm out"

"So is Doyle" Emily said. "Sean thinks we're in danger. But I was the one who had any personal connection to him."

"For Doyle, Lauren died in a car accident. You died. We made sure of that" Tsia said.

Emily bit her lip nervously.

"Okay? I wanna hear you say it" Tsia said.

"Lauren Reynolds is dead" Emily said and suddenly Bella walked in.

"Look you died and we're good" Tsia said.

"Just be careful. Bye" Emily said and hung up.

"Who's Lauren Reynolds?" Bella asked.

"An old friend of mine" Emily said with a little smile to hide how nervous she was.

"How did she die?" The girl asked.

"Car accident" Emily said.
"What are you doing here baby? We're working" Emily asked.

"I'm hungry" Bella said.

"Here" Emily said pulling 20 dollars out of her pocket. "Order pizza. We're gonna be busy" she said and handed the money to the girl, who smiled and went back to Penelope's office to order.

"Good morning" Morgan said walking inside as Bella walked out, she smiled.

The team followed right behind and they started the briefing.

.

As the team gathered their things to go to the jet, Emily went to talk to Bella.
"Did you order?" Emily asked.

"Yup" Bella smiled. She saw Emily had her go bag in hands. "Are you leaving right now?" Bella asked.

"Yeah. It won't be long" Emily said walking to the girl who was sitting on the couch with a book in hands.

"Can you bring me something?" Bella asked and Emily laughed.

"I sure can" she said giving the girl a hug. "Be good for Penelope, okay?" Emily said.

"okay" Bella smiled. "And you be careful"

"I will" Emily said and walked out.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Emily stayed away for 3 days.
On Saturday, she got a call from Tsia who let her know that her fiancé, who also worked at Doyle's case, was killed.

"You've gotta get out of there! Get back to America" Emily told her friend. "Cash transactions only. Do you understand me?" Emily said.