Chapter 44: Thunderstorms

Later that day they ate dinner and sat to watch a movie. Everyone was happy at how well things were going.
But that changed pretty quickly.

They were watching a movie when the doorbell rang. Derek went to answer and it was JJ with Henry.

"Come on in" Derek said.

"He's been asking to stop by and I thought he could cheer Bella up a little" JJ said holding Henry's hand.

"She's in the living room. Go get her, Henry" Derek said and the little boy ran inside.

Bella looked surprised when Henry ran in and hugged her.
"Hi" Bella said hugging him back.

"How are you big man?" Emily asked and Henry went and hugged her too.

"I good Aunt Emily" he said.

Suddenly JJ appeared. Bella stared at her and then looked away as she felt tears fill her eyes. She grabbed her mug, that she ate the ice cream in, that was still sitting in the center table, and said "I'm gonna get a bit more" and rushed to the kitchen.

Emily stood up to go after her but Derek told her not to.

"Sorry. I should've called. I just thought she'd like to see Henry" JJ said.

"Oh no JJ. She'll be alright." Garcia said.
"Just sit down with us. She'll play with him. You know her" Penelope said. She knew Bella loved that little boy and they all knew that the girl wouldn't treat him any different just because of what JJ did.

Bella went to the kitchen, put her mug on the sink and went to the backyard. She wanted to be alone. She looked for a quiet place and went to Derek's little work shop next to the garage on the back. She sat on a chair and just stared out the window. All she could think about was how angry she was at JJ for lying to her.

.

Inside the house they talked a bit about how Bella was doing. Suddenly it started raining pretty bad. After a while Penelope told Henry to go play with Bella in her room assuming that's where she went. The boy ran out but soon walked back saying he didn't find Bella.

"Isn't she in her room?" Emily asked him.

"No one there" he said.

"Where's lulu?" Derek asked as he noticed the dog wasn't there.

"Lulu sleeping on the bed" Henry said.

Derek got up and went to Isabella's bedroom. He found Lulu on the dog bed in the corner. He looked around the place and inside the bathroom and nothing. He checked his room and Penelope's and also nothing. He started to get really worried.
"She's not here" he said as he walked inside the leaving room.

"What do you mean?" Penelope asked.

"She's not inside this house" he said serious and ran to the kitchen. Everyone started checking all the rooms looking for Bella. They didn't find her.

"I'm gonna look outside" Derek said.

"Take the dog" Emily said handing Lulu's leash to Morgan. He grabbed the dog and went out in the rain. The thunders made him even more worried because he knew Isabella was terrified of that now.
He walked to the churros place and no one had seen the girl, then he walked to the donut place and nothing. He yelled her name outside for a while and got no response so he went back home.

"She wouldn't run away. She was okay" Penelope said as Derek walked back in.

"Till I got here" JJ said. "It's my fault."

"Hey" Emily said and put her hand on JJ's shoulder. She didn't want her friend to feel guilty.

"Did you check the garage? Maybe she was outside and it started raining so she went there" JJ said.