Chapter 35: A Little Light

The next morning, Isabella was extremely embarrassed and sorry for what had happened. She sat with them for breakfast and stayed very quiet. Once they were done, Hilary went to prepare Millie a sandwich for lunch while the girls got their bags. Bella went up to her and apologized for the night before.
"Oh honey it's alright. I understand what happened. It's okay" Hilary said and hugged Bella. "You don't have to show it to anybody. And you could have just told me and we would've figured something out" Hilary said and let go of the hug. "You can just tell me. You don't have to hide things, okay?"

"Okay" Bella said.

Hilary smiled. "Do you want a sandwich too?" She asked.

"Sure" Bella said.

"Go see if Chloe wants one" Hilary said and Bella went.
They finished getting ready and headed to school.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Around 8:30am, the team got back.
Derek and Penelope headed home and finished Garcia's room. Derek left Penelope decorating it and went to cook some lunch.
Derek decided to grab some chips for them so he went to Isabella's place in the kitchen. He opened the little door and on a Mac and cheese box there was a big Labrador staring at him. He smiled as he had the perfect idea.
He grabbed the box and ran to Garcia's bedroom.

"I'm done" Penelope said as he entered. He kind of got lost in the room until Garcia noticed the box.

"Are you cooking Mac and cheese?" She asked.

"Oh. No" he said and laughed. "It's this" he said pointing to the dog on the box.

"A dog?" Garcia said confused.

"Yeah. A dog." He said making a face as if it was just so obvious.

Suddenly it just clicked. "A dog!" Penelope smiled.

"It's perfect. She'll have something to look forward to when she comes home and to get out of the house" Derek said.

"It's perfect" Penelope said. "And Sergio got along so well with Bowie" she added.

"We just need one rule" Derek said.

"What?" Garcia asked.

"We need to let HER take care of it." He said. "She'll will feed it and walk it. We'll guide her of course but the dog will be her responsibility" He said.

"Fine by me" Penelope smiled. "But what will happen to it when we have cases?" She asked.

"He'll stay in the house and if we both need to leave for a while we can take it to a dog hotel. We'll figure it out" Derek said. He wanted to do that for Bella. He really wanted to.

"So what dog are we getting?" She asked excited.

"I was thinking maybe a golden retriever? I had one when I was young. They are great dogs for kids" Derek said.

"Awwwe can we get it today?" Penelope asked excited.

"Sure." Derek laughed. "Go look for it online while I finish lunch. I'm sure they're not that hard to find."

And he was right.
Penelope found several places that sold them and after checking their registrations and everything Penelope had a place. So they had lunch and headed there.

.

"I can't believe I'm getting a dog" Derek said as they walked inside the place and let out a laugh.
They looked at some puppies and ended up choosing an adorable golden retriever.

"Let's get a pink bow! Bella is gonna love her so much" Garcia smiled holding the puppy in her arms.
They paid for it, got her papers and headed to the pet store. They got a crate, a pink bed to match Bella's bedding, two bowls, a few toys, a light pink leash and collar, a big pink bow and then they paid and went home.
They put the crate in the corner of Bella's bedroom and set everything in there. They sat with the dog for a while and both were very excited to see the girl's reaction.