Chapter 26: Not Ready

Derek took Garcia to work and since Bella was at school he decided to go to work too, just while the girl was at school.

"Where's Bella?" Reid asked when he saw them.

"She's at school" said Derek.

"What?" Rossi said. "Is that really a good idea?" He asked.

"She wanted to go." Penelope said proudly.

"Wow" JJ said.
No one in that room expected the child to be back at school that soon.

"You know, she's tough. She kept saying Emily would want her to go and ... Who are we to not let her" Derek said.

JJ's eyes filled with tears. She just felt awful. She pushed the tears away and said "well, we have a case" and walked to the conference room to meet Hotch.
The case was in the city. Garcia and Morgan stayed in the office while everyone went out to the police station.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

At school, Bella didn't really talk much but she didn't cry either so everything was going okay. She felt a little overwhelmed at times, especially when a few teachers said they were sorry for what happened. But she was keeping a straight face on and her eyes were clear. So she felt she was doing well.
But she couldn't be more relieved when the principal's secretary came to get her around 12:30.
The girl gathered her things, said goodbye to her friends and followed the lady to the front door. When she saw Morgan she ran to him. She felt her eyes sting as all the walls she had built that morning were tumbling down. She hugged him and let a few tears fall.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked.

"Yeah" Bella said letting go of the hug and wiping her face. He wiped a tear on her cheek and they walked to the car.
She felt a little nervous when she saw the FBI car with JJ on the front, and Reid and Penelope on the back. She just looked at Derek and he knew she was wondering what they were doing there.

"They are taking a lunch break so we're going to have lunch together at Rossi's house" He said and Bella just stared.

She sat on the back next to Penelope.
"How was school?" Garcia asked excited.

"Fine" Bella said really low.

"Your mom would've been proud" JJ said.
Everyone in the car just stayed silent.

Till Reid said "I'm proud".
Bella looked at him with a little shy smile. He looked at her the same way.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Lunch went great.
Bella didn't really talk during it but she ate just fine. Her eyes wondered around the house sometimes and she looked a bit tensed but nothing major. Derek gave her medicine a few minutes before they left.

They headed back to the BAU after lunch.

"I left my keys on your desk" Derek told Penelope as he parked.
They walked out of the car and walked to the entrance.
Being back there really scared Bella. She started sweating and as they were almost at the door she just stopped walking. JJ and Reid saw it first and stopped to. They looked at her and she said "I don't wanna go"
Morgan turned as she talked and then said "it will be quick. We're not staying here"
She shook her head no and he knew she was not really ready yet.

"I'll stay here with her" Reid said.
So the rest of them went inside and Reid and Bella sat on a bench close by.

"Do you like staying with Morgan?" Reid asked.
Bella nodded yes.

There was a bit of silence.
Suddenly Bella asked "do you miss her?"

Spencer's eyes filled with tears.
"All the time" he said.