Chapter 21: She Needs Me

"I want to read the letter" said Isabella.
Derek looked at Penelope unsure.

"Are you sure, honey?" Garcia asked.

"Yes" Bella said as her eyes filled with tears again.

"It's on the table" Derek said and Penelope went to get it.
She got back and handed it to Bella. Derek pulled Bella to his lap and she opened it.

"Dear Bella,
If you're reading this letter... know that I tried my best and I am deeply sorry this happened. I truly am.
I learned that Doyle had escaped prison a while ago and I told myself a millions times he wouldn't find me, he wouldn't find us. The day you saw me sitting in front of the door was because of this. I was trying to protect you. I had to protect you. I just knew he was coming, no matter how many times I tried believing he wasn't. Later he sent me something and I knew. I knew that he would try to hurt me. And darling I had to protect you. So I'm going after him. I have to leave because I have to find him and end this before he finds us or hurt anyone else. If you got this letter you know the outcome. I really hope you'll never have to read this. I'm truly sorry if you are. I know I promised you things and I'm sorry i can't keep those promises. I really am. But I'd rather know you're safe.
And baby don't you ever think you're alone now, because you are not.
You have a big family that loves you so much.
If you ever need someone to brighten your day, Penelope will be right there with you. If you need help with anything no matter how crazy and embarrassing you think it is, Morgan will be there. If you need a motherly hug, go to JJ. If you need someone to teach you anything, Reid will be there. Rossi has such wisdom that I hope some of it will glue on you someday. Hotch will always know the right thing to do, so you can trust him with anything.
They are your family, Bells.
They love you.
And I know that they'll protect you and love you and be there for you no matter what.
And know that what I did was to protect you and them. To protect our family. Because I couldn't live if something happened to any of them or you.
And please know that I love you. Never ever forget that.
Mommy loves you more than anything. You are and will always be everything to me. No matter where I am. I will always love you. Always.
And I am so sorry.
Love, mom"

.

"She left?" Bella asked Derek as many tears fell down her cheeks. "I thought they kidnapped her" she said.

"She went after him and got ambushed in Boston. She fell into a trap" Morgan explained. He had read the letter too while Bella was reading it and he was trying hard not to cry.

"She left me?... no...She promised. She promised she wouldn't do that" Bella said and just sobbed.
Derek wrapped her in his arms till she calmed down.

"I wanna go to bed" Bella whispered after some time.

"Bella do you know what time it is?" Garcia asked. Bella just looked at her and Garcia felt bad. "Come on" Penelope said handing out a hand. Bella went with her to the bedroom and laid down. She felt exhausted and just sad. She laid on the bed and Garcia sat next to her. Penelope stayed there till Bella was asleep.

Later Penelope went back to the living room to find Jeremy, Marley, JJ, Morgan and Isabella's godfather, Shepherd, and godmother, Addison, sitting there talking.

"How is she?" Jeremy asked.

"She fell asleep" Penelope said and took a seat on the couch.

They had all read both letters, Hotch's and Bella's.

"We should let her sleep" Addison said.

"Can we stop by later to check on her?" Shepherd asked.

"Of course" Morgan said and walked them to the door.