Chapter 47: The Team Is Lucky To Have You

It was almost 3 in the morning when Isabella woke up from a nightmare.
Her eyes shot open but she didn't make a sound. She stared at the ceiling and took a deep breath trying to push Doyle's face out of her mind. She turned to the side and faced Emily who was fast asleep. She stared at her mother and suddenly felt an enormous need to listen to her heart. She sat up on the bed, got closer to Emily and laid her head on her mother's stomach. She concentrated and smiled when she heard it.
Suddenly Emily woke up.
"What are you doing?" Emily asked worried.

"Sorry" Bella said sitting up. She was clearly embarrassed.

"Were you listening to my heart?" Emily asked and the girl shyly nodded yes.

Emily smiled and said "come here. Let's find a comfy position."
Emily laid down on her left side and Bella got really close to her and laid down. Emily pulled her closer and hugged her tightly and kept holding Bella's head on her chest.

"Can you hear it?" Emily asked.

"Yeah" Bella said.

Emily smiled. "Now close your eyes. Try to go back to sleep, baby" Emily said and Bella did just that.

Emily stared at the sleeping girl for a while and then fell asleep to, happy to have her baby right there.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Emily woke up at 8:34am. She looked at Bella and the girl was fast asleep hiding her face on Emily's chest. Emily smiled and pushed hair away from the girl's face.
She heard Lulu bark and decided to get up. She got out of the bed, pulled the covers up on Bella and then went to change. She changed into jeans and a pink blouse quickly and went to the kitchen where Garcia was making pancakes.

"Good morning, Mama Prentiss" Garcia said with a smile.

"Good morning" Emily said making a face as she smelled some deliciousness.

Suddenly Derek walked in.

"Did We wake you up? Sorry but I had to finish working on this" he said holding up a wooden box. He was working on that in the backyard and thought that all the noise woke her up.

"What's that?" Emily asked curious.

"Gavin's birthday is coming up and Bella asked if I could make him one" he said. "I made one for her a while ago."

"That looks amazing" Emily said taking a seat.

"Thanks" he said and suddenly the doorbell rang.

"That must be JJ!" Penelope said excited, flipping a pancake.

"This early?" Emily asked pouring some coffee for her.

"She texted me saying she would bring some donuts and fresh watermelon juice for us" Garcia told Emily as Derek walked to the door.

"Should I wake Bella?" Emily asked.

"Let her sleep a little more." Garcia said. "Poor thing. I bet she keeps waking up, doesn't she?"

"Just sometimes" Emily said. "But she'll be okay" she said.

Suddenly Henry ran inside the kitchen.
"Auntie Penny!" The boy said running and hugging Penelope's legs.

"Hi big man" Penelope said lifting him up.

"Where Bella?" He asked.

"She's sleeping but she'll wake up soon" Emily said.

"I wanna play" he said.

"Let's eat breakfast first and then play" JJ said walking inside the kitchen.