Chapter 24: Quiet

Bella woke up around noon and then sat to read while Derek watched tv and Penelope cooked lunch. They ate and then Chloe stopped by after school. The girls just hung out in the living room watching tv together. Bella was very quiet all day.

"Are you going to school next week?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know if I'm ready for that yet" Bella said.

"I can come by and explain what we learned so you won't miss too much" Chloe said and Bella nodded.

Chloe left around 5 and Reid stopped by around 6. Bella was playing connect4 with Penelope. They finished the game and then Bella wanted to play chess with Reid. They played two games and Bella lost both.

"You're getting better" Reid said.

"Thanks" Bella said with such a low voice he could barely hear her.

Jeremy and Marley stopped by to eat dinner with them before heading to Seattle. They ate dinner together and then Reid went home. Bella sat with Jeremy for a while and he promised to go visit her soon.

"I love you" the little girl whispered as a few tears streamed down her face.

"I love you too" he said wrapping her in a hug. "Take care" he said.

"You too" Bella said. He let go of her and she went to say goodbye to Marley.

"We'll see you soon" Marley said and Bella nodded.

"Take care of my babies" Bella said. Marley smiled and said "I will".
And they left.

The night went okay even though Bella woke up a few times. She just got closer to Garcia on the bed and went back to sleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Friday started okay as a chilled day in the house. The morning went great and Isabella seemed alright, but she wouldn't leave Morgan alone. She wanted the man around her all the time.
In the afternoon JJ stopped by with Henry. The boy was happy to see his friend and Bella was happy to see him. JJ had bought some toys for the boy to play so Bella sat with him in the living room while the grownups talked in the kitchen.

"How's everything?" JJ asked.

"It's better than I expected actually" Derek said.

"How?" JJ asked.

"She's eating okay and she's not crying all the time like I thought she would be" Morgan explained.

"Is she talking to you guys?" JJ asked. She had noticed how quiet Bella was. Even with Henry.

"She talks. Not like before but she's trying you know" Derek said and JJ nodded.

The kids played together and watched a movie. Around 5, Henry fell asleep and JJ decided to take him home. She said goodbye to everyone and picked him up to leave.
Bella just stared at how gentle the woman was with the boy. She felt her eyes fill with tears. She just wanted Emily. She ran out to the guest bedroom without saying a word.

"What happened?" JJ asked confused.

"I don't know." Garcia said starting to walk to the bedroom.

"I'll go" Derek said and he went while Penelope walked JJ to the door.
Morgan walked inside the bedroom to find Isabella on the bed sobbing hugging her blanket and Tramp.
"What happened princess?" He asked sitting at the end of the bed.

Bella sat up and then hugged him.
"I just miss her so much" the little girl cried. "I miss both of them" Bella sobbed.

Derek didn't say anything he just pulled her to his lap and let her cry.