Chapter 49: Stop Fighting

Emily sat on the couch and suddenly her phone started ringing. It's was Clyde, her old friend from Interpol.

"Hello" She said.

"Hi. I have some news for you" he said serious.

"What is it?" Emily asked serious fearing the worse.

"He's dead" Clyde said.

"What?" Emily asked surprised.

"He's dead. Ian Doyle is dead" he said.

"What do you mean he's dead?" Emily said in disbelief. Derek and Garcia just stared at her.

"I did it. I couldn't let him get away again. We were transporting him and he fought with an officer so I took my chance. It's over Emily. Forever" Clyde said and Emily breathed deep. She was relieved, she couldn't deny that.

"Well, I gotta go. I just had to let you know" he said.

"What's going to happen to you now?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it" he said. "I gotta go"

"Okay" Emily said. "Thank you Clyde. Really for everything" Emily said.

"Goodbye" he said and hung up.

Emily put the phone down and her face showed she was in shock.

"What happened?" Garcia asked worried. "Who died?"

"Doyle" Emily said.

"What?" Morgan and Penelope asked in unison.

"They were taking him to the prison and Clyde just..." Emily said.

"He's dead. He's really dead?" Derek asked.

"Yes" Emily said.

Derek rested his head on his hand and breathed out relieved. All he wanted was for that man to be dead and gone forever.

"Are you gonna tell Bella right now?" Garcia asked.

"Yes. I have to" Emily said.

Derek nodded.

Bella finished showering and went to the living room.

"Baby come here." Emily said and Bella sat on her lap. Emily looked at Derek not sure how to bring it up so Derek went into action.

"Bella, did you know that Interpol was taking Doyle to prison?" Derek asked and tears immediately filled the child eyes and she looked clearly scared.

"I don't wanna talk about him" she said and burst into tears. Emily hugged her tight.

"He died" Emily said.

"He's gone forever, baby girl." Derek said.

Bella looked up.

"He's dead" Emily said.

"How?" Bella asked.

"Clyde" was all Emily said and hugged the girl tight again. Emily could feel Isabella's body releasing all the tension.

"It's all over now." Emily said and Isabella started to calm down.

No one said anything anymore. Emily held the girl in her arms and they started watching the movie. Thirty minutes into it, Isabella fell asleep. Derek carried her to bed and went back to finish watching the movie.

"She's out" he said walking back in.

They watched the movie, then some senseless tv show and then went to bed around 11.

Emily was glad she didn't have to worry about Doyle ever ever again. He was gone forever. She felt such relieve when she laid down next to her daughter that night. It was like she could finally breathe again.