Pidge

After being locked in his room for two days by Lance, Keith got bored. What was he supposed to do in such a small area? He couldn't do much training, couldn't bond with his lion, couldn't help form Voltron if it was needed... Lance was protecting Keith, he got that, but he didn't want to be locked away forever.

So, Keith snuck out. Lance went to eat breakfast with everyone else, so he knew no one would be out in the halls. Even with this knowledge, he still slunk against the walls, treading quietly on his feet.

Nothing but silence, and that comforted Keith somehow.

A smirk slowly curled his lips. He was already so close to his lion-

SQUEAK!!!!

Keith gasped and jumped in surprise, whipping around. He looked down to see two of Allura's nice scampering away. "Oh no..." Keith turned back around and dashed as quickly as he could the rest of the way to his lion.

Once the door shut behind him, he sucked in deep breaths and looked up at his lion.

Suddenly, Keith was overcome by uneasiness. What if his lion didn't accept him? What if Red rejected him? What was he going to do if-

He felt a soothing sense wash over him, relaxing him. Red was reassuring him. The lion coaxed it's paladin closer as it lay down, opening it's jaw. Keith smiled, making his way to his lion.

"Thank you, Red," he murmured, running his fingers along the cool metal as he made his way through.

~

Allura gasped as the mice stampeded into the dining hall, squeaking like maniacs. "I can't understand you when you're- what!?"

"What's wrong?" Shiro stood and the others stopped eating.

"There's a Galran on board the Castle-Ship!" Allura shot out of her seat and dashed out of the room with Coran and Shiro on her heals.

Lance, however, only sunk into his seat. "Oh boy..."

~

Keith jumped once he sat in the paladin's chair, alarms blaring through the Castle-Ship. His ears flattened. "Red... What am I going to do?"

Red made a metallic humming sound, too soft to be a pur. "I can't run away! We need to form Voltron! If we can't form Voltron, we can't defend the universe!" Red made the same noise again. "We have to stay with the team. They'll-" he paused, then raised his legs an hugged his knees to his chest. "They'll accept me, right? Lance has. Why wouldn't they?"

Red attempted to comfort its paladin, purring and sending images across their bond. He felt another feeling, somewhere in the back of his mind. He almost didn't notice, but once he did, he understood.

Lance was reaching out to Keith through the bond.

I have to tell them.

Keith almost didn't hear the blue paladin's voice. "No! No, don't tell them!"

They have to know.

"No they don't! Do not tell them, or I swear-" Keith stopped himself, the doors to his lion's hangar opening. Keith slunk back, ears flattening as Shiro and Lance came through those doors. "Do not tell him, Lance... Don't do it..."

Lance glanced up into the red lion's eyes, almost directly at Keith. He then took in a deep breath and turned to the Black paladin.

"Don't... Lance, don't..."

Lance's lips parted, going to speak, but he then stopped himself. Keith felt Red's anger, but he gently stroked the lion's dash to calm it. Lance opened his mouth further.