Ending

Keith stared down at Lance, his eyes beyond wide. "Wh-what?"

"Will you marry me?" Lance repeated in the same, soft tone without missing a beat. Keith's heart leapt and his stomach twisted.

Nervous...

So, so nervous...

"Marry?" Keith gasped, gaze flicking elsewhere. "Me? You... You want me to marry you?"

Lance chuckled. "Of course."

Keith tried speaking, but the words were caught in his throat. Lance glanced away. "I mean... I know I don't have a ring or anything." Keith sat up, his hands covering his mouth. Lance propped himself up on his forearms. "I also know that it'll be kinda hard to get married out in space, so like a marriage on Earth would have to be arranged, though that might be a very quick, small wedding. I've also thought about, you know, you might not want to be around me more than you already are, and being married makes us even closer-" Lance stopped himself as Keith sobbed softly.

The blue paladin sat up and cupped Keith's face, moving his hands away. "Keith? What's wrong? What is it? You don't have to say yes. I'm sorry. Did I say something wrong?" Keith shook his head. "What's the matter? What is it, babe?"

Keith breathed in deeply and nodded. Tears streaked his cheeks. "Yeah..." He whispered. "Yeah..."

Lance tilted his head and tucked stray strands of hair out of his face. "What?"

"I... I want to... I want to marry you." Keith murmured, looking back up into Lance's eye. "I wanna marry you."

A large grin built on Lance's face as his eye gleamed cheerfully. "Really?" He breathed out, almost sounding shocked. Keith nodded, biting his lip. Lance cheered and threw his arms around Keith. Keith gasped as he was tightly embraced, Lance burying his face in Keith's neck. "I love you, Keith. I love you so, so much. I love you, I love you."

Keith relaxed and returned the embrace. "I love you, too."

~

Lance and Keith lay in Lance's bed, Keith resting his head on Lance's chest and his hips between Lance's legs. Lance had his hand over Keith's back, his other holding up a book. He found himself to be a fan of the Harry Potter books his mother shoved into his bag without him noticing.

Keith pinched and twisted and tugged on Lance's shirt, his eyes closed as he soaked in the comfort and contentedness.

The blue paladin hummed softly the tune of the Happy Potter movies(at least, what he remembered was the tune) while Keith just lay and listened. Keith's ear(the one pressed to his chest) would occasionally twitch.

"Hey, Keith?" Lance tucked his bookmark into the crook of the pages and set the book down. Keith hummed in question, but didn't move. "Do you think Pidge and Shiro will ever get married? Or do you think they won't work?"

Keith sighed, then hummed in thought. "I think... I think they'll work things out as they go. Pidge is very realistic and in this time. She doesn't spend much time thinking about her future, and when she does, she weighs all outcomes. Shiro... Is kind of a dreamer when it comes to the future. He doesn't just think about a future he wants, he thinks about other people's futures as well. He dreams of... Dreamy things. Dream wedding, dream couple, dream girl. Pidge is kind of his dream girl."

Lance snorted and carded his fingers through Keith's hair. "I asked for a simple answer and you give me a whole monologue." Keith scoffed and rolled his eyes. "So, I'm not sure what to take that as."

"I think they'll get married someday."

"There we go." Lance chuckled petting Keith's ears with his index fingers and thumbs. Keith shuddered and purred, nuzzling further into Lance's chest. "Damn, you're so cute, kitten. Te quiero mucho." Keith smiled, curling his fingers into the fabric of Lance's shirt.

~

"So, did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Ask him to marry you?"

Lance hummed and leaned back in his chair. "Yeah. The other day."

Hunk folded his arms and raised a brow. "And you didn't bother to tell me - your best friend - this because...?"

The blue paladin shrugged. "Because it's me and Keith. I figured, since there's no ring I don't have anything to flaunt. Besides, it's Keith. He wants to keep it on the down-low. Thace doesn't even know. Neither does- scratch that. Shiro does know. Pidge told him this morning."

"And how long has Pidge known?"

"Since this morning."

Hunk sighed, his shoulders drooping.

Lance stood and pat Hunk's shoulder. "Hey, I've got a favor to ask."

"What?" Hunk grumbled, shrugging off Lance's hand.

The blue paladin placed his hands on his hips and grinned. "When Keith and I get married, you wanna stand up there with me as my best man?"

Hunk gasped, his eyes lighting up. "Really!?" Lance nodded.

"Duh, of course! Who else would I ask to be my best man, dude? Pidge?"

Hunk snickered, then threw his arms around Lance and squeezed. "Of course I'll be your best man, dude! Why wouldn't I!? Oh, I'll make all the food, too!"

Lance laughed, patting the yellow paladin's back. "Of course, buddy. I'm trusting you with these sacred duties."

Hunk pulled back, back stiff and shoulders held up as he saluted. "Yes sir!" Both laughed and returned to the tight embrace. "Man, I never thought I'd see the day you'd get married before me."

"Hey, whoa. What?"

~

Lance and Keith sat, just outside the castle.

Allura had landed on a planet she felt they needed to visit, so it was mostly just a rest. Night had fallen over the plant and Keith and Lance were the only two left awake.

Their hands intertwined as they stared up at the stars.

"The atmosphere," Lance started, sighing softly, "makes the stars shine purple."

Keith chuckled. "I noticed, Lance."

Lance smiled. "I know." He hummed and rubbed his thumb over Keith's knuckles. "You're not so different, Keith."

"What?"

"Not so different." Lance repeated. "You may look Galra, but you're still my Keith. I still love you." Keith smiled, nestling closer to Lance. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, no matter if it's short or long."

Keith rolled onto Lance chest and propped himself up. He met Lance's starry gaze and ran his fingers through Lance's soft hair. "You're not so different, either. You just pick less fights and you're a lot more calm."

"And I'm missing an eye."

"Technically you're not." Keith mused as he ran the pad of his thumb over Lae. "Pidge gave you back your eye."

Lance chuckled and nodded. "True."

Keith smiled and leaned down. "I love you, Lance McClain."

"And I love you, future Mrs. Lance McClain."

"Hold the fuck up."

"I'm kidding. Future Mr. McClain."

"God Damnit, Lance."