Space

Ceila quickly caught up to Lance and grabbed his arm. "Lance, I'm confused! What's going on? I don't understand what's happening..."

Lance faced the floor, hands balled into fists. Ceila ducked her head, trying to make eye contact. "Lance?"

The blue paladin rubbed at his eye, teeth clenched. "I... I don't know... I don't know, Ceila... I'm so confused, I'm so hurt... I don't know why I said that shit, I guess I just got angry."

Ceila reached up with a small cloth and wiped away his tears. "Lance, why would Keith be mad that we talk?"

He huffed and turned away. "It's an earth thing, I just didn't think it was a Keith thing."

Ceila looked over her shoulder as rushed footsteps came their way. "Pidge? Hunk? What are you two doing here?"

"For Lance," Hunk huffed, trying to catch his breath. "Lance, buddy... You gotta- I gotta eat!"

Pidge patted Hunk's shoulder and stepped closer to Lance. "Lance, it's not like you to say things like that."

Lance ducked his head and rubbed at his face. "I have to apologize to him. I'm awful, I'm terrible, I shouldn't have said those things."

Pidge came up and took his arm. "Lance, he started it. He was being petty, he pushed you. I know you wouldn't say those things, and I know you didn't mean those things. He came at you, you didn't deserve it. If you want to apologize first, I'm so proud of you because that means you're the bigger person. I could never be the bigger person." Pidge led him over to stairs to sit down. "Lance, look, I would make Keith apologize first, but that's me." Lance nodded, breathing deeply. "If you wanna apologize, you apologize. Just, right now, you both need some space." Pidge tugged her fingers through Lance's messy hair. "Just go take a shower or something. I wanna try the L.A.E. on you."

Lance smiled slightly. "Okay. Sounds good. Thanks, Pidge."

~

Keith heard Lance's hesitant footsteps before he spoke.

"Keith, I-"

"No, Lance!" Keith snapped, whipping around to face the blue paladin. "I can't listen to this right now. I'm probably too 'weak' to listen to it anyway."

Lance flinched, then watched as Keith stomped out. He tugged on the hem of his jacket and sighed. "Quiznak."

~

"Keith, if you'd just-"

"Back off!" Keith slammed his hand on the table. Everyone flinched and stopped eating. "I don't want to hear another one of your damned insults, okay!? I've heard enough!"

Lance stood, accidentally knocking his chair over. "You're the one who insulted me first, Keith!"

"Really!?" Keith snapped, pointing an accusing finger at Lance. "You've been calling me 'kitten' this whole time! Weak, you've been calling me weak!"

"I have not!"

"You said that it means weak!"

"I said that because I was fucking pissed off!" Lance tossed his arms out. "You were accusing me of shit that I would never do! I wouldn't cheat! I also was sure that you were never the jealous, accusing type! I'm pissed that you would think I would do that! I said that shit because I was pissed off." Lance brought his voice down and let his hands fall by his sides. "I've been trying to apologize all damn day, Keith. Not insult you more. I'm sorry for saying that, I shouldn't have."

Silence fell over the dining area, Pidge beaming at Lance. She never thought she'd live to see the day Lance would apologize first.

Everyone turned their heads to Keith.