Home

(Boy on boi action later)

"Fix your right leg."

"Relax your back."

"Keith, parry-! ... Left..."

"Keith, duck and lift!"

"Block, block, block!"

"Keith!"

Lance quickly dived in front of Keith, parrying the gladiator's staff with his own. "Keith, really! End training sequence!" Lance pulled back as the drone dissolved. Keith panted and stood, glaring at a snickering Matthew. Lance huffed and tossed his staff to the side. "Keith, you're not listening to me." Keith lowered his head and shrugged, letting his staff fall the the floor. Lance sighed, then turned to his other student. "Okay, Matt. You're up. Level two or three?"

Keith's head shot up, eyes wide. "He's already on level three!?"

"And you're only on level one." Matthew pointed out, twirling his staff as he approached Lance. Keith grumbled under his breath, his ears twitching irritably. "Level two, for now."

Lance nodded and stepped back as he called to start.

~

Matthew left the training deck, whistling. He beat Lance's level four with ease after completing level two and three.

Still, Keith was on level one.

"You need private tutoring," Lance teased, sitting beside Keith. "Matthew's got a natural talent with the staff. Next level, he gets the zapping staff."

"The same one the gladiator has?"

"Yeah."

"I'm pretty sure it had a taser at the end."

Lance shrugged. "Well, that's gonna be his weapon. He's doing pretty good with it." Lance wrapped his arm around Keith's shoulders and pulled him closer. Keith groaned, but didn't resist. "You just need to work a little bit more and you'll be catching up to Matt and I in no time."

Keith huffed. "I'm so good with a sword, why am I so bad with a staff?"

The blue paladin chuckled, rubbing Keith's arm. "They're two different weapons with two different techniques." Lance lifted himself up off the floor and offered his hand to Keith. "Come on. It's almost time for that paladin meeting Allura and Shiro set up for whatever reason."

~

"Your heat's coming up."

Keith jolted, having not realized Thace was behind him. "Oh my quiznak, could you not sneak up on me like that?" Keith muttered, rubbing his forehead as he turned to face his father.

Thace furrowed his brows. "I thought you inherited my sense of scent as well as hearing and-"

"I did, I did!" Keith cut him off, waving his hand. "I just wasn't paying attention."

"Oh."

"Yeah." Keith sighed, rubbing his face. "My what is coming up?"

Thace cleared his throat. "Your heat."

"And what the hell is a heat?"

The Galran sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Oh, boy... I forget that this is something parents have to explain." Keith raised a brow and crossed his arms. "Heat is a period of time... You know like what animals on earth have? Like, a period of time where their body desires a mate to breed with them?"

Keith's eyes widened as he jumped back. "What!? Are you saying-!?"

"No!" Thace quickly cut him off. "No, I highly doubt you reproduce!" Keith swiveled his head around, making sure no one else was around. "From what I observed, you're a dominant Beta."