Blasts

"Lance!"

"I got you!"

Lance grunted as he grabbed Keith's waist, jerked him out of the way and shot at the droids blasting at them. The blue paladin raised his bayard and returned the blasts.

"Thanks, Lance," Keith murmured, then tossed his arm over Lance's shoulder and activated his shield.

Lance snickered. "Thanks! Now I gotta go protect poor Pidge. She's getting cornered." Keith nodded and blocked another shot as Lance dashed across the room.

"Guys! Guys, guys, guys!" Hunk cried, his bayard getting shot out of his hand. "Guys!"

"Hunk!" Lance skidded to a halt. "Hunk, buddy!"

Said man yelped, the droid shooting him.

"Hunk!" The other four shouted as the yellow paladin fell through the floor.

Lance clenched his teeth and continued his dash to Pidge, Shiro now covering his back. "WHOO!" Lance screamed, blasting his bayard. Pidge made an escape, vaulting herself several yards to get out of fire range as quickly as possible.

"Pidge, you alright?" Shiro asked, reaching out to the youngest paladin.

"Yeah," she breathed, ducking behind her sheild. "I just wish this damn simulator would end."

Shiro then lost his worried expression, a scowl replacing it. "Pidge, langua- Ah!" A shot pierced his shoulder and the floor opened beneath him.

"That's why you don't do your stupid 'dad lecture' in the middle of battle!" Pidge yelled at the hole closed, whipping her bayard out and electrocuting the hovering droids.

Lance laughed, back pressed against Pidge's. "I got your back! We gotta get back to Keith, though! He's getting overrun!"

"On it," Pidge confirmed she heard him and darted towards the red paladin, Lance on her heals. "Keith!"

Keith didn't hesitate as he battled the droids, but made his way back to Lance and Pidge. "I think this level's almost done!"

Pidge press her shoulder into Keith's back, Lance's back pressed against hers. "I think so, too! Actually, I know so!" She lashed out her bayard, green striking out as Lance didn't cease fire and Keith thrust and slashed his blade.

Lance whooped, pausing a moment to pump his fist, resulting in getting shot.

"Damnit, Lance!" Keith snapped as Pidge snapped back and pressed against Keith. "Stupid idiot and his celebrations!

Pidge only snickered, not ceasing in her attacks.

"Good job, number five and red!" Coran praised as the system ended. "You two single handedly defeated level seven!"

Pidge grinned and raised her fist. Keith smiled at her and bumped her fist with his own.

"Pchew!" She sounded, her fingers spreading as she pulled her hand away.

"No fair!" Lance cried as he stomped back into the training room, Shiro and Hink rubbing their necks behind him. "You fist bump her, but not me!?" Keith only shrugged as Pidge laughed, taking off her helmet and shaking her bushy hair. Lance whined, his shoulders dropping. "Keith!"

"Alright, alright! Stop whining like a-"

"I'm not whining, Coran!"

Allura scoffed as she stepped into the room. "I'm glad to see two of you are greatly improving." Keith and Pidge grinned. "Hunk, you are still panicking, Lance, you need to stop pausing to celebrate, and Shiro- Shiro, why are you scolding Pidge on her language in the middle of a fight?" Shiro looked down as well as Hunk while Lance puffed out his cheeks and chest to retort back.

"I couldn't help myself, princess. I just have to take the time to celebrate, or I'm not really living."

"You're really not going to be living at all if you take the time to celebrate in the middle of real battle," Allura scolded, then turned to smile proudly at the shortest paladins. "I'm very proud of your performances today. You two work well as a pair. I'm glad I chose you two to be in a group for tomorrow's infiltration of the Galra ship. Lance, you would do well to learn a thing or two from these two tomorrow." The blue paladin pouted as the princess turned on her heal and gracefully stepped out of the room. "Hunk, Coran has prepared food so you don't need to cook."

Everyone groaned.

~

Pidge clicked away on her laptop as everyone ate. The dining hall was oddly quiet.

Keith cleared his throat. "How dangerous is tomorrow's mission, exactly?"

Allura set her utensil down and sighed. "I believe... Very dangerous." Everyone paused and looked up at her. "I have settled on the idea of this ship being set up as a trap."

Shiro leaned over, placing his elbows on the table. "So you think we're steering Voltron right into a trap," he more stated then asked.

"It's most definitely a trap," Pidge confirmed, looking up from her laptop screen. "The chance of this being just an idle ship is very low. No doubt there will be a serious fight."

Hunk whined. "Oh, man! Man, why- why do we gotta- I mean, I know we're Voltron, but why do the Galra dudes hate us-except Keith. Keith loves us- I think. He never says he does, so I hope he does, but the rest of the Galra hates us and wants us dead and what if one day they actually do manage to kill one of us? What if one of us dies tomorrow!?"

Shiro raised his hand to stop Hunk. "Hunk, no one is going to die tomorrow. I'm sure we can win this battle with little injury with how well we are improving."

"Especially Keith and I," Pidge added, causing Lance to slam his head down on the table.

"Dios mio! Do you have to rub it in!?"

Pidge grinned and went back to her computer. Keith merely smiled only slightly.

Keith leaned over and looked at Hunk. "Don't worry, big guy. I do care about you guys."

Hunk then grinned widely, tears in his eyes. "Oh, that makes me so happy! And relieved! You didn't admit to loving us, but you do care about us and that's so great, and-"

"Hunk, you're rambling more than I do," Pidge cut off the yellow paladin, raising her brow and smirking at him. Hunk sunk back into his chair. "Eat your food goo."

The large paladin groaned and grumbled, poking the goo on his plate.

Coran piped up, "come on, eat! It's healthy!"

"It's poison," all five paladins muttered, Lance shouting 'jinks!' right after.