Faith

"I shouldn't have done it."

Pidge paused her typing and Hunk looked up from whatever space-spice he was concocting. "What are you talking about, Lance?" Pidge shut her laptop and raised her hand to press the device behind her ear.

Lance carded his fingers through his hair. "I..." Pidge heard the com crackle and she tapped it, signaling the other line to keep quiet. "I should have stopped myself, but I didn't, and now... Now he's gone... Maybe he would have stayed. Maybe it's my fault."

"Whoa!" Hunk dropped the ladle and grabbed his lanky friend. "Keith leaving is not your fault, dude."

"He left just three days after we had sex." Lance shrugged Hunk off. "We hated each other, then we suddenly didn't, and then he joins the Galra. I'm seeing a connection no one else sees. I knew it was too damn good to be true."

Pidge scooted to the edge of the counter. "What connection? You two love each other. You loved each other when you argued and competed."

Lance scoffed. "I did... He found out and used me to keep his cover and left with them when they came. I should have known." Lance crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall. "Pidge, why are you even defending him? He attacked you when you were defenseless!"

She gripped the edge of the counter. "Why aren't you!? And, even though he gave me two paper cuts and a little bruise that healed within an hour, I know Keith! We've talked about things that you may never know! We told each other secrets. Whatever Keith is doing, what he's done, I trust him. I think he's still on our side."

Hunk sighed, standing between the two. "Pidge, Lance... Please, let's drop it before Shiro comes in. You know he doesn't like that we talk about Keith."

The small girl huffed and her shoulders slumped. "Even if he did come in to scold us for talking about Keith, you know I'd ignore his ass. We're not quite on good-convo terms."

"Pidge!" Coran cried over the intercom. Said girl sighed. "The Princess and I require your assistance again!"

"Of course," she mused, jumping off the counter. "See you two, later." She gave them a loose salute and carried her laptop under her arm. Once she was out the kitchen and the doors shut, Pidge sighed. "Did you hear all that."

It was a moment before the other line responded. "Yeah... Thanks, Pidge..."

She hummed. "No problem. Any progress?"

"I wish. I haven't seen Thace since that once..."

"That's fine." She yawned and turned a corner. "We have all the time in the universe."

~

Pidge groaned, dropping her equipment to rub her face. "Lance, if you're going to sulk and complain in here while I work, at least be useful."

The footsteps that approached her stopped by her feet. She froze and gulped. Lance didn't wear boots. Pidge really wished she could fit her whole body into this tiny space and close the opening.

"It's Shiro, Katie."

Pidge picked up her tool and began to work, hoping it'll keep her busy and distracted. "I hear that, now... I'm working, Takashi. Coran and Allura need me to get this fixed before we go into any form of quick transportation, which we'll need soon."

Shiro sighed. "Katie, why have you been ignoring me? Avoiding me?"

"I'm working." Pidge bit her lip and accidentally cut her finger on wiring. She cursed and cleaned off the small cut with a clean rag she carried with her. "I shouldn't be distracted."