Hand

"Was not... Expecting that," Lance murmured, out of breath as he stared down at Keith. The red paladin blushed and looked away. "But I liked it..."

Keith's blush only darkened as he tried to vanish. It didn't work. Lance leaned back down. "Can I kiss you again?" Keith only looked back up at him.

The blue paladin chuckled, then kissed Keith anyway.

Blue decided then was a good time to drop them.

"Ow! Quiznak, Blue!" Lance started cursing under his breath as he sat up, helping Keith sit up as well. "Sorry, I forgot Blue was... Blue."

"It's okay," Keith muttered, taking his hand out of Lance's. "I should-" Keith was about to stand, but Lance snatched his wrist and yanked his smaller form into his lap. "Lance!" He shouted in surprise and gasped as their mouths collided. He hummed, melting in Lance's lap.

The taller paladin's lap was much more comfortable than Keith ever thought it'd be- not that he had ever previously thought about sitting in Lance's lap. Keith's arms made their way up, one arm hooking around Lance's neck, his other hand carding through Lance's hair. He hummed, then caught his breath once Lance pulled away.

"Wow... I can't get enough of this..." Lance looked into Keith's dark eyes, then grinned. "I'm gonna do it over and over and over again."

Keith... Didn't mind the sound of that.

~

"Keith?"

The red paladin nodded, making his way closer to the princess. "Yeah... I have a question..."

Allura smiled, beckoning Keith closer. "Yes? What is it?"

Keith gulped. "Why... Why did you say what you said? When you said that my Galran side is triggered by fear?"

Allura blinked, then sighed. "Well... Back on Altea, there were two girls my age, both half-Galran. Both looked Altean, but with one certain emotion, they'd change to Galra. My best friend's transformation was triggered by complete joy. The other girl's transformation was triggered by anger. So I concluded that your transformation is triggered by fear. Once you were calmed and you weren't afraid anymore, you transformed back to your original form." Allura took Keith's hand. "I believe it's some kind of defense. Don't be afraid of it, alright? I can tell that you are... I can also tell you and Lance are much closer."

Keith jerked back, eyes widening at the knowing smirk and quirk of the brow Allura gave him. "What? So? What's it matter? We're supposed to be a team anyway to be able to form Voltron, right?"

The Princess giggled and shook her head. "Alright, fine. We'll talk about this later. Just don't keep it a secret too long."

Keith groaned. "There's nothing going on. No secrets." Allura hummed, pooching her lips. "I-I'm gonna go train, now."

~

Keith couldn't fight the blush smothering his cheeks. So, instead, he battled the training gladiator, hoping that the blush would blend with the red from training.

Pidge came in at some point to tell him that she and Hunk fixed all of Red's damages, and Hunk came in much later, telling him that the food was ready. However, Keith was hardly paying any attention to them. He just needed to get his mind off of Lance.

And Lance's lips.

And Lance's touch.

And Lance's warmth.

And Lance's voice.

"Quiznak!" Keith shouted, jabbing his bayard forward. He impaled the gladiator which then dissolved. "End training sequence!"

"Whoa!" A shout came from behind Keith. "Violent! Geez, Keith!"

Keith groaned and turned to face Lance. "What do you want?"

Lance raised a brow and leaned back, hands stuffed in his pockets. "Whoa, okay. That's cool. I don't like you either."

"No, wait," Keith muttered, reaching out to Lance. "Don't leave, I was just... I don't know... I was thinking about what Allura told me earlier."

The blue paladin tilted his head and stepped closer. "What'd she say?"

Keith took Lance's hand. "She told me why she thought my Galran side is triggered by fear. There have been two other Alteans before this that were also part Galran. One was triggered by anger, the other by joy."

Lance hummed and nodded. "Cool. At least you aren't the only one that's had this problem. Does it make you feel better to know that?" Keith shrugged and looked down. "Hmm... Well, I was just talking to Shiro and Allura... We're going on another mission. There's a high ranking ship kind of just hovering out in the middle of nowhere about five days away."

"Why are we perusing it?"

"Because it's high ranking." Lance shrugged. "I dunno. But they're makin plans right now. You and I are with Pidge so she can hack into their database."

"Did Allura say that?"

"Yeah. And Pidge agreed way too quickly."

Keith shook his head. "Those two... I swear, they've been pushing us together since that explosion that knocked you into a coma."

Lance snorted. "Nah, that's just how they are." Keith raised a brow up at Lance as the Cuban thought back. "No, you're right. They're so pushing us together." Lance snickered, pulling Keith closer and into his arms. "I don't mind if everyone knows..."

Keith looked down, resting his head on Lance's shoulder. "I don't... I don't want them to know yet..."

"That's fine," Lance muttered, rubbing circles into Keith's back with his thumb. "If you don't want them to know, they won't know. But, just so you know, I suck so hard at keeping secrets."

Keith huffed and shoved Lance as the Blue paladin laughed. "You better keep it secret or I'll get Red to trample you." Lance gasped and pouted. "I'm not joking."

"I know you're not!" Lance whined. "If you joked, it'd be the end of the universe! You suck at joking! Like, if you ever joked, I'd die because it's so awful!" Keith jerked back, appalled yet amused. He shoved Lance again, adding an extra punch to the arm. "Ow!"

"You're an asshole!" Keith shouted, all the while grinning.

Lance smirks. "I know. I'm proud of it." Keith crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. Lance poked Keith side, grinning widely as he leaned closer, a devilish look in his blue eyes. "You know you love it." Lance's voice deepened as he got closer.

Lance's tone shot a shiver down Keith's spine and his breath hitched. Just five little meaningless words made Keith's entire body hot and wishing Lance would just touch him. The red paladin gulped, averting his gaze from the blue paladin.

"Aw!" Lance pouted, leaning back. "Why'd you look away? I thought we-"

"Lance, Keith! Stop making out and get in the damn dining room!"

"Pidge! Language."

"Sorry, Shiro! But we need to- oh! I'm still on interco-"

Pidge's voice cut out. Lance snickered and took Keith's hand. "Come on. Let's go eat before Hunk and Pidge start throwing their fits."

Keith nodded and trailed behind Lance, their fingers loosely holding onto each other. The gentle touch from Lance's calloused hands sent slightly shocks up Keith's arm, warming his cold hand. He blushed and weaved his fingers through Lance's in an actual hold. Lance grinned widely, squeezing Keith's hand, and kept walking.