Blue

The red paladin sighed as he slumped on the couch in the commons room. The other paladins were getting out of their suits, but he wanted to relax before doing anything else.

Not to say that he hated the training, but Allura's training was rigorous and it left each paladin- only sometimes including Shiro- in agony.

Keith heard the door slide open, but didn't bother to raise his head.

"How do you feel?"

The cushion beside Keith dipped as he tilted his head, then sat up. "Lance, really, you can stop acting like you care about me."

Lance's eyes widened and he jerked back in surprise, but then he frowned and furrowed his brows. "Keith..." The red paladin couldn't deny the hurt he heard in Lance's voice. "I'm... Fine. I won't act anymore," the blue paladin grumbled, voice sounding more angry than it should be as he stood.

"Wait, I-" Keith shot to his feet and reached to Lance, who quickly smacked his hand aside and stormed wordlessly out of the room. "Lance, wait!" Keith dashed out, but was stopped by Shiro and the other two paladins in the doorway.

Shiro raised a questioning brow. "What just happened?"

Keith tried finding a way around the three. "I just- I said- I need to get him," Keith sputtered and squeezed through, accidentally pushing Pidge over in his rush.

He quickly apologized and darted down the hallway. "Lance!" Keith swiveled his head from side to side, searching for the taller paladin. "Lance, where are-"

Keith paused. He turned on his heals and dashed down a hallway to Blue's hangar.

~

Keith was right. Lance lay sprawled out on top of Blue's back, muttering to his lion. Blue's head shifted slightly, seeming to look at Keith, but didn't do anything to stop the red paladin. He let Keith climb up his shoulder and make his way to Lance.

As soon as the blue paladin spotted Keith, his eyes narrowed. Lance sat up and turned his back to Keith. "What do you want? Why don't you 'stop acting like you care about me?'"

Keith flinched.

Low blow, but he deserved it.

"Look, Lance... I didn't mean-"

"Well, it's what you said, so," Lance shrugged, crossing his arms over his chest and looking down, "whatever. Go away."

Keith bit his lip, then got down to his knees behind Lance. He leaned down, wrapping his arms around Lance's shoulders and nuzzling his nose in the crook of the blue paladin's neck.

Lance relaxed and sighed, leaning back slightly. "Keith..."

Keith breathed in deeply. Lance smelled wonderful. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm only saying it once, so don't be an asshole about it... But I just... I got used to you picking fights and starting these stupid contests with me. I'm not used to all this... This care. No one has ever given me care, and for someone that calls me their rival... I just... I'm not used to it."

Lance was quiet for a moment before tilting his head back. "I meant everything I said, okay? I do care about you. You really are the closest thing I've got to home."

The red paladin squeezed Lance. "Is that what you were thinking about in here? Home?"

"And you," Lance whispered, placing a warm hand on Keith's arm. "It's okay... I shouldn't have gotten so mad about it."

Keith raised his head slightly. "Are you apologizing?"

Lance snorted, his face brightening to a red as he threw his arms in front of him. "Heck no! I didn't do nothin' wrong so I don't apologize!"

"But you said you shouldn't have gotten so mad," Keith started, his arms loosening from Lance's shoulders.

"Yeah, well, I'm not apologizing about it," Lance huffed, crossing his arms more hastily.

Keith shoved Lance's head. "You're so full of it."

"Am not!"

"Yes you are!"

"You're so full of it!"

Keith raised a brow and sat in front of Lance. "You're not as clever as you think you are."

Lance snorted, raising his chin. "I'm very clever."

"You're annoying and stupid." Keith poked Lance's chest.

The blue paladin made an offended, but playful noise. "Well, you're a jerk."

Keith crossed his arms. "You're a combination between dumb ass and smart ass. I didn't know it was possible until I met you."

"Aw, I think that's the sweetest thing you ever said to me!" Lance laughed, leaning back and unfolding his arms. Keith rolled his eyes. "But Keith... I really... Really did mean everything I've said. I wasn't just saying it because I could. I said it because I meant it. I still do."

The red paladin stared into his sincere blue eyes before turning his head away. Lance shuffled closer. "It really doesn't matter what you look like because either way, you're still Keith. And rival or not, you're the closest thing I've got to home. I said it then instead of sooner or later because that was when you needed to hear it. Now, after what happened today, it seems like I'm going to have to keep reminding you."

Keith bit his lip, feeling a deep blush crawl up his neck, over his ears and cheeks. Lance noticed almost immediately and burst out laughing. "I'm going to strangle you!" Keith shouted, launching himself at his fellow paladin.

Lance yelped as he fell back and they tumbled over on top of Blue-who seemed way too amused with the situation, and made it more complicated. The lion held up his paw as he rocked to the side, causing both paladins to tumbled right over the edge and into his paw.

Keith and Lance clung together, panting heavily and hearts racing from the tussle and fall. Lance gulped, eyes widening as he realized the position they were in. "O-oh..."

His arms were wrapped firmly around the smaller paladin's waist while Keith's arms were locked around his neck. Lance also realized that he was nestled right in between Keith's legs. Oh, quiznak... Lance swallowed thickly, heating up in embarrassment as he mentally screamed at Blue.

However, Keith wasn't as fazed about position as Lance was. He was deeply enamored with Lance's eyes and slightly parted lips. He soon noticed their position, but didn't mind it. He somehow... Really liked it.

Lance started to pull himself away, opening his mouth to speak. Keith quickly tangled his fingers in Lance's hair and yanked him down so he wouldn't leave. The blue paladin yelped, his arms giving from beneath him as Keith pulled him down.

Both paladin's eyes widened, their bodies completely pressed together, as well as their lips. Keith hadn't meant for that to happen, but now that it's happening, it won't go to waste. Keith closed his eyes and fully kissed Lance.

Lance smoothly returned the favor. The red paladin relaxed under Lance as the taller paladin also relaxed. Their kiss was sloppy and awkward, but that didn't stop them. After all, it was only their first kiss.

Blue thoroughly enjoyed the scene and would be sure to use it to tease his paladin in the near future.