Flashback

(This is a flashback to the battle where everyone got previously mentioned scars. Keith is still with the Galra in the chapter. This is so you are not confused. Also, there is bloody, gory, painful moments in this chapter. Just a warning.)

Hunk groaned, cradling his bloody arm. "Wh-where's Coran and A-Allura? Sh-shouldn't they be here?"

"Just hang on, buddy." Shiro pulled a cloth out of a chest he found tucked under a bed, then pressed it to the gash down Hunk's arm. The yellow paladin hissed and winced. "Lance and Pidge are trying to contact them." The black paladin looked over his shoulder. "Anything?"

Pidge sighed and shook her head. "No. Nothing. Not even static. Allura and Coran can't hear us."

Lance then groaned. "Guys, more and more Galrans are pouring in. It looks like they're just appearing out of thin air. Soon, the entire damn empire will be here."

"Hey!" Pidge snapped under her breath and punched Lance's arm. "Don't jinx it, you ass! Knock on wood!"

"I don't even know if this is considered wood on this planet!" Lance whined, but rapidly knocked on the window sill anyway.

Shiro groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. "Really, you two? Now? We need to figure out how to get out of here, not argue about jinxing us."

Pidge grumbled, then jumped. "Oh, I think I got something." She murmured, backing up. She reached up under her helmet to just behind her ear and tapped it. "Hold on. I should back get somewhere for more signal. I think something in here is blocking connection."

Before anyone could say anything, she scurried out without telling anyone where she may be heading to.

Shiro shook his head and turned back to focus on keeping pressure to Hunk's wound. "I think this might scar over, even with the pod."

Lance whistled. "Hunk, you're really gonna get some with the ladies. Chicks dig scars."

Hunk sighed, facing away from his arm. "I think Shay might fret, not swoon when she sees the scar. What if you get a scar? Do you think Ceila would swoon?"

The blue paladin grinned. "She totally would. Ceila digs scars."

Both Hunk and Shiro rolled their eyes at Lance. "I'm sure." Shiro muttered, then grunted as the building they were in shook. "Damnit. I think they found us."

Lance peeked out the window. "No, they're still looking in other buildings." He muttered, then winced as the com suddenly buzzed in his ear.

"Paladins!" Lance groaned as Allura shouted in his ear. "Paladins, can you hear me!?"

"Yes, I can, but if you keep screeching in my ear, I soon won't be able to hear you." Lance replied.

Allura sighed in relief. "Oh thank goodness. Give me your location and I'll come as quickly as I can. How is Hunk?"

Lance glanced over his shoulder to his fellow paladin. "Hurting, but he'll make it. Hey, Pidge said she got connection?"

"I haven't spoken to her." Allura muttered. "Is she there with you?"

Lance leaned back to look out the door to the room they were currently hiding in. "Quiznak... No. We don't know where she is, either. Shiro, we need to-"

An abrupt shriek cut Lance off. Lance jumped to his feet and searched out the window. He looked down, and his eyes widened. "Pidge!" He cried and jumped onto the window sill. "Shiro, I'm getting Pidge! Stay back with Hunk and give Allura your location!"

"Wait, Lance-!"

Lance leapt out the window and grunted as he rolled to steady the landing. He scrambled to his feet over to Pidge. "Pidge- oh, shit!"