Goodbye

The familiar, bright light of the sun shined through the crack in the curtains. Keith lay with Lance in an unfamiliar, yet homey bed. Their legs tangled together with the blankets and Lance had his arms wrapped around Keith's slim waist. Lance's face was buried in Keith's chest as Keith absent mindedly ran his fingers through the slumbering paladin's hair.

Lance snored softly, fingers curling tighter into the fabric of the navy blue hoodie he gave Keith to wear.

Keith looked around the dimly lit room, seeing what Lance was like before becoming a paladin. He had several posters, one having the Kerberos flight crew on it. His ceiling was littered with glow in the dark stars and moons while clothes and shoes were strewn across the floor.

Rosa had said that she left it just as he did before he disappeared. She was too sad to move anything. However, now that Lance is home, he needs to clean it up and make it presentable.

"Hmm... Keith..."

The red paladin shifted and looked down at Lance. Lance shuffled and sniffed, then relaxed and sighed. Keith smiled, petting Lance's hair out of his face.

Lance hadn't bothered to change his clothes before getting into bed, but he did have the decency to take off his coat and kick off his shoes. Keith just wore the oversized hoodie with his shirt underneath and his boxers.

A soft knock rapped on the bedroom door before it creaked open. Keith looked up. Rosa smiled and waved. "Will you wake him? Breakfast is ready." Keith nodded. Rosa thanked him and shut the door.

Keith shuffled down just enough to press his lips to Lance's forehead. "Wake up, Lance."

Lance groaned, pressing his face into Keith's neck. "Mm-mm..." He whined, tugging on the hoodie.

"Your mom said that breakfast is ready." Keith whispered.

The blue paladin shouted some incoherent and flailed, accidentally throwing himself off the bed. "I'm coming, Mámá!" He yelled digging through his piles of clothes.

Keith sighed and rolled his eyes. He grabbed his pants and tugged them on.

Lance yanked his shirt off and tried pulling a plain white tee over his head while trying to shuffle into a new pair of jeans at the same time.

"Slow down." Keith muttered, grabbing Lance to stop him. "She's not going anywhere, and neither is breakfast." Keith helped Lance pull up his pants while Lance finished wiggling into his shirt. Keith then paused, eyes lowering.

"Keith?" Lance lowered his head as he zipped and buttoned his pants. "What's wrong?"

Keith's fingers slid up Lance's shirt and traced the new scar. Lance sighed, taking Keith's hands. "Keith, stop it. It's really not your fault. I'm okay, now. See? I'm alive and I'm not consumed by PTSD."

"Yeah..." Keith nodded, squeezing Lance's hands.

Lance leaned forward and pressed his lips to Keith's forehead. "Let's go eat."

~

Lance repeatedly thanked his mother and told her he loves her in their native tongue as he shoveled the meal into his mouth.

Keith ate at a much slower pace, savoring the meal Rosa prepared.

Rosa giggled and took care of her dishes. "I'm glad you still have an appetite." She stared clearing off the table. "I think we're going to take you boys shopping today. I don't want you two parading around in space in the same disgusting clothing."

Lance snickered. "Sure mámá! Keith needs a wardrobe change." Keith raised a brow and set his fork down. "It needs to go from 'edgy and badass and totally MCR fan' to 'gay and more gay!'"

Keith and Rosa both glared at the giggling blue paladin while his siblings covered their mouths to avoid laughing. Keith turned his head to look up at Rosa. Rosa nodded, and that was all he needed.

"You little-!" Keith shouted as he launched himself out of his chair and onto Lance.

Lance yelped, being tackled out of his chair and onto the floor. Lance laughed as Keith yanked and hit him while they rolled on the floor. All of his siblings ended up bursting out laughing.

Finally, Lance grabbed Keith and pinned him to the floor. Keith glared up at him, clenching his fists. Lance grinned, then pressed his lips to Keith's. The red paladin sighed and relaxed, melting into the kiss.

"Mámá! Cooties!" Mateo shrieked, suddenly terrified.

~

Rosa sobbed as she pet her son's hair out of his face. "You- you be good, okay? Don't go trying to kill yourself."

Lance smiled, taking her hands. "I won't, Mámá. I'll be safe, I promise. I had to promise Keith and Hunk the same thing, so there is no way I could break it, okay? I'll be fine?"

Rosa nodded, then approached Keith. "You too, Keith. You be safe for Lance. I want to see you two get married someday."

Keith's eyes shot wide open as he snapped his head up to look at Lance. The blue paladin only grinned and shrugged. Keith gulped and looked back down at Rosa. "Of course, Rosa. I promise."

The older woman grinned and patted Keith's cheeks. "Have a good flight. Be safe. Protect the universe."

~

Lance sighed softly, earth becoming just a tiny spec. "Man... I wish we could've stayed longer. Wish I coulda grabbed a beer or some tequila."

Keith and Shiro sighed while Allura and Coran exchanged confused glances.

"I'm joking, geez." Lance muttered. "But, did anyone else bring some more clothes, or was it just me and Keith?"

Hunk raised his hand while he used his other to hold his favorite drink his mother sent with him. Pidge grinned, leaning back in her seat. "Two whole bags of clothes, one of tech, and the fourth full of shit mom and dad sent with me."

"Hey, now." Matt chided, wiggling his finger at her. "A; I was never in a bag, and B; language, young lady."

Pidge stuck her tongue out at him, then continued talking. "Also, Shiro got a bunch of new clothes. We took Coran and Allura shopping so they have new clothes, and Matt can run around in a towel if he wants."

"I have a bag of clothes, too."