The Queen Of Hearts And Ace Of Spades

I absolutely love the serene feeling of laying in the backyard by the pool without a care in the world. Feeling as if nothing in the world can touch you and you'll never come back down from the small high.

Of course it would have to be interrupted by the devil himself.

"Olivia! It's time." Abel threw himself on to the empty lawn chair beside me, slowly pushing the book I was reading away from my face. I sighed, marking my page before setting it down on my lap.

"Time to do what? Annoy me?" I joked. He rolled his eyes and pulled something out of his back pocket. I stared at it skeptically, hoping it wasn't anything dangerous or disgusting.

"The list. We start it today." I frowned, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion as I read off some of the things that were on it.

Propose To A Stranger with A Ring Pop

Have a Paint War (Water Guns and Balloons Allowed)

Tell A Random Person a Secret that absolutely no one knows about you

They seemed normal enough, nothing too bad, especially for this list being written by Abel.

"I threw some things in there that I knew you would actually do, you know, to prepare you for what's to come." I swallowed the lump that had begun to rise in my throat at the comment.

Prepare me for what's to come? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"Abe, I can't possibly get through everything on here in two months." I dropped the crinkled piece of paper back into his hands with a sad smile, "I'm sorry." He rolled his eyes, snickering as I brought the book back up to read.

I was only about a sentence in when the book was snatched from my grip and thrown into the pool in front of us. I let out a slightly dramatic and inhuman screech, throwing my empty sunscreen bottle at him. He dodged it, letting out a quiet laugh as he backed away. I heard Oliver groan from where he was sprawled out in a lawn chair across the backyard.

"Come on, Liv. Let's go." I shrugged Abel's arm off and pointed my finger directly in front of his nose.

"How dare you? Like hell I'm going go anywhere with a book burner." I growled, frustrated. He laughed, only adding to my irritation.

"Book burner? I threw it in a pool, not a fire." He pointed out with a smirk,

"You get the point." I muttered, sending my brother a glare over Abel's shoulder, "Can you please keep your friend away from me?" My brother sat up, pushing his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose with a small smile.

"Sis, you agreed to his little game. I'm sorry, but you know how he is when he has his mind set on something." I crossed my arms over my chest, huffing out a sigh.

What a great help he is.

"Okay, so what exactly is it you want me to do? It's three in the afternoon on a Saturday. How do you know I don't have plans?" I said, my eyes flickering back toward Abel. He was standing a few feet away, shielding his eyes from the sun with his hands as he stared down at me.

"You're Olivia Scott, you don't have plans." He said. " And that's exactly why we should go to the mall right now. They'll be tons of little victims for us to prey on." He rubbed his hands together in an evil scientist kind of way, arching an eyebrow. I took a step back, holding my hands up in surrender.

"Do you realize how weird and crazy that sounds?" He chuckled quietly to himself at my words, crossing his arms slowly over his chest.

"But, babe," He said with a wink, "Crazy is my middle name."