Take Me Out

"I can't believe you're doing this!" Lena gushed, her hands on my warm red cheeks. Her brown eyes were burning into mine, her lips curled up into a grin.

I honestly could barely comprehend it myself. Adrian, the guy I'd had a crush on forever, had just asked me out. My best friend, the one person I had never believed there would ever be a possibility of dating, had reached for my assumptions and tossed them aside.

Lena looked about ready to go on, but shook her head and closed her mouth when she saw her phone start ringing. I watched her cross the room in a few steps, sweep her phone up, them step out of my room and into the hallway.

"Olivia." I looked up at Abel as he crossed one of his legs over the other and nodded at me from where he was in the middle of the doorway.

"Hey." I said, reaching for the black flats on the other side of my bed. When I had slipped them on, I lifted my head back up, only to come face to face with Abel.

"What are you doing?" I asked, moving back and sitting down on the edge of my bed. Flashbacks from the other night had started to bounce around in my head, sending my heart into a frenzy.

Why the hell was my heart racing? I don't even like Abel, I never have and I sure as hell never will.

"He likes your hair better down." Abel finally whispered, pulling the bobby pins from my hair so it fell down my back again. He stared at me for a second, giving me the opportunity to see if he was drunk or not.

"How would you know that?" I said, pushing his hand away from me, "Do you two sit around and talk about me while you watch me sleep?" I tried to joke, but it came out a lot more bitter then expected.

"No." He replied, "I've seen the way he looks at you, Liv. The way he stops whatever he's doing whenever you pull your hair out of a ponytail, at the way it flows down your back in beautiful waves." I coughed, taking another step away from Abel.

"Abe, you sound kind of. . . into me." I pointed out, not knowing whether to be confused or disgusted.

The last thing I needed was Mr. Manwhore finally settling down with me and suddenly claiming he had changed and wanted to be my boyfriend. This wasn't some romance novel, and I sure as hell wasn't going to sit here and believe it was.

"Into you?" He was trying not to bust up, "Liv, I'd never be into you. No offense or anything, but you really aren't my type, whatsoever." The part of me that had sort of believed that I had fallen into some weird alternate universe with a sweet and non-player Abel Hendricks actually liked me, let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, yeah? And I'm guessing any girl that's willing to sleep with you is your type." He laughed, nodding.

"I've told you this hundreds of times, Olivia. I-"

"Liv, it's Adrian." Lena appeared in the doorway, giving Abel a disgusted once over before handing me my phone. I took it, a heavy feeling already starting to drop in my stomach.

"Adrian?" I said.

"Hey, Liv. I really sorry but my parents are forcing me to go with them to some guy's funeral. I left the tickets at your place, so you can take Lena if you want." I sighed, shaking my head.

"It's fine, Adrian. A funeral is a lot more important then some stupid concert. I'll probably just give the tickets to Oliver and Abel."

"I'm really sorry, Liv. I promise I'll make it up to you when I get back." He responded, genuine guilt lacing through his voice.