Ding Dong . . . Dead?

"Did you just piss yourself?"

I could hear the joking tone in Abel's voice as he glanced over at Jeremy, smirking.

My eleven year old brother was glaring back at him from the recliner, scoffing.

"What? No. I'm the man here, Abel. I bet you just want Liv over there so you can hide behind her when the jump scenes come like the little bitch you are." I threw my hand over my mouth at my little brother's response. Oliver paused the fifth Paranormal Activity and watched the scene unfolding in front of us in amusement. Abel had pried himself from where I had my head against me and closed the gap between him and Jeremy.

"No! I'm sorry, Abel!" Jeremy cried, flying out of the chair and pointing his finger at Abel while looking at us.

"Help me, guys!" He shouted as Abel closed in on him and grabbed a hold of the eleven year old, pinning him to against the wall, but not enough to hurt him.

"Take that back, Jere." He warned, feigning anger. I was shocked to see my brother actually believing Abel would hurt him.

"Okay, okay. I take it back. You're a man, a big manly man that loves making out with my sister." Jeremy slid from Abel's grip and darted toward Oliver, hiding behind him. Abel was still too busy trying to figure out how he had escaped to go chasing him again.

"Little man," Oliver reached behind him and grabbed our brother's arm, making sure our eyes weren't drawn to the obvious wet splotch spreading across his jeans.

"Why don't you go change into your pajamas so you're more comfortable?" I had never seen Oliver so kind before, so sweet. Jeremy understood my brother's hint and ran out of the room before Abel could grab a hold of him.

"Leave him alone, bro." Oliver sent Abel a glare, "He thinks you're serious." I let my eyes drift back and forth between the two boys as they glared at each other.

"Calm down, Oli. I didn't hurt him, it was a joke." Oliver stood up, clearly pissed off about something other then what just happened.

"Everything is just a joke to you, Abel." He snapped.

"What the hell is your problem, dude?" Abel shot back, his glare almost as nasty as my brother's.

"It's one thing when you think everything out there is a joke," Oliver pointed out the window, "But when you think my sister's feelings and scaring the shit out of my little brother is, then it's a completely different story." I could see my brother's hand clenching into a fist at his side.

"So this is about Olivia?" Abel laughed, "Bro, don't worry. Nothing is going on-"

"That's it, Abel. That's exactly what's wrong with you. You think the whole world is some game, that you can use people like it's nothing. My sister isn't just some toy, she's a person with fucking feelings." I saw something flash through Abel's emerald eyes.

"You mean the same feelings you let that fuckhead stomp into the ground for ten years? What right do you have saying I'm the one playing with her feelings when he led her on for almost eleven years?" I started to stand up, ready to step in between them if this turned into a fist fight.

"Stop throwing everything on Adrian. This isn't about that idiot, Abel. This is about you and how much of a child you still are." I held up a finger, whirling around to face my brother.

"Wow there, Oliver. You said you didn't have a problem if I liked Abel. Y-"

"You said that?" Abel cut me off, his wide eyes on my brother.