Kiss and Tell Pt. 2

I sat in my car in front of Abel's house, my lips quivering slightly as I tried to stop myself from crying.

Abel was sitting on the last step of his house, holding something to his head to stop the blood from leaving it.

I had finally given up on texting and calling when his phone went straight to voicemail and ran out there door as quickly as possible. My parents had been freaked out, and Oliver had tried to come with me, but I had stopped him, saying Abel obviously wasn't in the mood to talk to one. He probably would turn around and run up the stairs the second he saw me get out of the car.

I pushed the door open and walked out, smiling a little when he lifted his head and met my eyes.

"Hi." I waved a little as I moved closer to him, hoping he wouldn't go running off.

"Hey, babe." He whispered once I reached him, pulling me down and kissing me gently. I touched the cloth he had against his head to make sure there wasn't blood on it.

"Abe, are you okay? You didn't answer any of my class or texts and I was-"

"Calm down, Liv." He smiled, touching my hand, "I'm fine." He stayed quiet for a minute after that, his eyes searching mine.

"Don't start crying, they didn't do this. I just have a really bad fucking headache because of them. They're in there screaming at the top of their lungs at each other. I wish they'd just get a divorce already." I felt my lips part as I laid my head against his shoulder, feeling his arm circle around me and pull me closer a second later.

"I would have replied, but my phone died and my mom had my charger." I nodded, looking up at him through my eyelashes. I saw him smirk a little and started to prepare myself for some sort of dirty comment.

"You look so sexy when you look up at me like that."

And there it is.

"Thanks for being worried." He was serious again, "I was wondering when you were going to get out of the car though, you were in there for like ten minutes before you got out." I laughed.

"Sorry about that. I thought. . . I thought you might have been avoiding me for some reason or something." I mumbled. He looked ready to say something when the sound of his front door slamming cut him off.

"Abel, get your ass in here and clean up the God damn mess you made." His mother stood on the porch, her green eyes bloodshot as she glared down at us.

"You did it." He muttered, shutting his eyes.

"Abel, I will drag you by-"

"Shut up." I snapped, returning her glare.

"Excuse me, Olivia? When did I say you could come-"

"I don't need your permission to come see my boyfriend." I snapped, seeing Abel shake his head below me as I fought with his mother, "He's eighteen years old." She started to walk down the steps, her face growing even redder.

"How dare you talk back to me, child? I don't-"

"How dare you talk to your son the way you do? He's a human being, not a fucking dog!" The words left my mouth in scream, earning a wince out of Abel and his pounding head below me. She froze dead in her tracks on the last step, her mouth hanging open.

"All you've ever done is tell him how bad he's done, how much of a mistake he is. You don't say that to your child, do you understand how much it hurts to hear that? Do you?" I pointed my finger at her, "The next time either you or your husband lays a hand on my boyfriend, no matter how old he is, I will call the cops, do you understand?" She started to shake her head, but I had already turned around and grabbed at Abel's hand sometime during my yelling so he was starting to stand up.