Paint War?

It took Abel over an hour to get a girl to talk to him without dumping her drink over his head or splashing it in his eyes.

If I said that I wasn't amused by it, I would be lying. He screwed about half of the girls here in the food court over, so it was only appropriate that they reacted the way they did.

He finally made his way back over to me after giving the Ring Pop to some eighth grader that was watching after him as if he were a God.

"There." Abel said, approaching me.

"That took," I looked down at my phone, "Almost an hour and a half. I win." I threw my fist up into the air, feeling like Judd Nelson at the end of the Breakfast Club.

"Don't get too happy, this is only the first thing on the list." He smiled, cockily, "I'm beast at paint wars. Just ask Oliver." I snorted as I stood up, following him toward the door.

"When you were like ten. It's been eight years, Abe." I replied, holding the door open for a woman pushing a stroller. Abel waited for me outside, shaking his head.

In the bright sunlight, I could see just how much older he looked. My parents had always said that it was hard to see how much someone has changed when you spent a lot of time with them. This seemed to be the case now, as I really stared at my brothers best friend for the first time in years.

His blonde curls were longer, curling up and around his ears. His green eyes had dark circles under them. Stubble had started to appear along his jawline and chin, which was something entirely knew in itself. I could still remember a time when he had been afraid he wouldn't ever hit puberty after my brother did a little earlier then usual.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Abel broke into my thoughts, snapping me out of them like a rubber band. I shrugged, starting to walk again.

"I just realized something I hadn't before." I mumbled, scratching my arm nervously.

Had me checking him out really been that obvious?

"Oh, you finally realized how ridiculously hot I am? See, I told you it would happen." He started to poke at my side, earning a quiet growl in irritation out of me. He knew I hated it, he had for as long as I can remember.

"What's next on the list?" I questioned. Abel yawned, holding up a finger before he responded.

"Paint war, of course. Why else would we be talking about it? Anyway, we need more people. You think your hot friend with the nice ass could join us?" I laughed, resting my hand on his shoulder.

"I didn't know you swung that way, but sure, I can ask Adrian if he wants to join us." Abel didn't have a chance to respond as I ducked my head under his arm and walked back out toward his car with a smile slowly stretching across my face.

**

"Paint war? What, are you guys like eight?" Lena joked, looking back and forth between Abel and me with an amused look.

"No, we are adults," Adrian walked into the room with a water gun loaded with paint, smirking at Lena, "But I guess the weak minded wouldn't understand that." She grabbed her soda can and launched it across the room, it hit Adrian right in the forehead.

"What is it with you two and throwing things?" Abel grumbled, pointing at me, "You two are crazy." Lena and I both crossed our arms over our chests and glared at him.

"Oh yeah? This is coming from the guy that drank a whole keg of beer on a dare then threw himself off a cliff." Lena snapped. I high-fived her, nodding.