Let's Play A Game

Abel was pretty distant the next day, even after we had gotten the tattoos.

He talked enough to get him through our conversations, but it wasn't until Oli went out to buy our last meal in Vegas, that he finally seemed to open up a little.

"Does it hurt? Having it there?" Abel questioned, referring to the tattoo on the back of my right shoulder blade.

"Yeah." I smiled and sat on the bed beside him, "My shirt keeps rubbing against it." He held out his wrist, at my name tattooed across his wrist without responding.

"You know, Abe, you aren't supposed to get your boyfriend or girlfriend's name tattooed on you. They aren't always forever." My parents had pounded it into Oliver and me, telling us to never, under no circumstances put someone we were in a relationship anywhere on our body or we'd regret it.

"It's not because we're together that I put your name here, Liv." He whispered, sending me a crooked smile over his shoulder, "It doesn't matter if we last as a couple or not, you're still my best friend, you always will be." I felt my stomach start to flutter the same way it had back in my bedroom a month ago, when he had nearly pushed me off my bed.

It had been the first time I realized I might have liked him as more then a friend, it had been a feeling I'd never gotten before.

"And you shouldn't be talking to me about bad tattoos." Abel was trying not to start laughing, "Oliver's got a unicorn tattooed on his bicep, babe." I smiled, shaking my head in shame.

The worst part about Oliver's tattoo wasn't that it was a drunken mistake, it was the fact that he woke up the next day saying he loved it. Sometimes I question how we're even twins.

"Last night was amazing." Abel whispered after a second of silence, laying back on the bed. I ran my hand through his blonde curls, smiling at the thought I knew we were both sharing.

"Yeah." I replied, laughing. I could remember exactly what had happened last night, even if neither of the boys could. The second we had walked out of the tattoo shop, Oliver had sparked the craziest idea.

***

24 hours Earlier

"Okay, so you two had something about being a celebrity on your list, right?" Oliver joked, nudging a weak looking Abel in the side. Abe jumped forward and grabbed my brother's arm, twisting it in an unnatural direction.

"Yeah, we've got to pretend to be a celebrity for a day." Abel replied, acting as if he weren't nearly breaking Oliver's arm. I fought the urge to burst into laughter and touched both of the boys shoulder's instead.

"Both of you stop acting like little kids." I snapped, trying to sound as mature as possible. Abel pulled me into his grip and kissed the side of my head as we continued down the street, Oliver muttering under his breath as he rubbed his arm.

"We should pretend to be celebrities. Everyone out here is drunk and gullible right now, they'd probably believe us." Oliver joked, throwing his arms over both of our shoulders and sliding in between us so I was holding his hand instead of Abel's.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Oli. You're drunk and clearly aren't-"

"Come on, Livvy." He said, pulling me closer to him and grinning, "It'll be fun and you'll get to cross it off your list. Easy peasy." He poked my nose, laughing as if it were the funniest thing in the world afterward.