Darts Are The Devil's Children

"Liv. Liv. Livvy. Liv. Olivia, wake up."

I groaned, rolling over to slap my hand against Abel as if he had a snooze button. I heard more then one laugh at my reaction, causing my eyes to flutter open and face the two boys hovering over me. I reached up to touch my face automatically, not sure whether I should trust the mischievous smiles on their faces or not.

"Morning, Sunshine." Abel said with a smile while Oliver only smirked.

"What did you two do?" I sat up, glancing around me to make sure I was still in my bedroom.

"Oh, nothing. Just gave you a little taste of what we'll be getting." I frowned at his words, going over the list in my head. I gasped when I realized getting a tattoo was on the list. I slipped out of my bed and darted toward my heart shaped mirror hanging over my dresser, letting out a cry.

ABEL'S GIRL was written in big, black bold letters across my forehead. I whirled around and glared at Oliver, not even ready to snap at Abel yet.

"How could you let him do this? I thought you didn't like the idea-"

"You're my sister, Liv. I had to do it, you looked so peaceful sleeping and I thought we'd have a big surprise waiting for you when you woke up." I grabbed an empty bottle of lotion from my dresser behind me and chucked it across the room at my twin brother.

"You." I pointed at Abel, trying to look as intimating as possible, "You are dead." I walked back across the room and grabbed Abel's custom made Converse from the ground and dangled them in the air.

"Maybe I should give these boys a surprise to wake up too." I said, pretending to think about it, "They would look gorgeous with pink glitter, don't you think?" Abel reached out to swipe them from me but I waved my finger.

"Nope. You need to get this off my forehead or I'm going to glitter your shoes." He narrowed his eyes, as if he were making sure I was serious, before looking over at Oliver.

"Go get the rag from your bathroom." Oliver yawned as he walked out of the room, shaking his head.

"Livvy, baby. Just hand the shoes back over and-"

"Why would you write that on my head?" I cut him off, "You could have said nerd or loser." His hands dropped to his sides as he cocked his head to the side.

"Is that what you think you are? Don't feed me that crap, you know you're not a loser." I shrugged, stepping back so he couldn't take the shoes from me.

"Sometimes it feels like I am, especially around Oli and you. You guys live on such a high that I feel like I'm nothing but just another person out there." He shook his head, touching my cheek gently.

"No, Olivia. That's what I love about you, you live." He stopped and cracked a smile. "Everyone is always so busy pretending to be something they're not that they forget to live." I could hear the pain lacing it's way into his voice as he stared at me, his eyes holding a vulnerability in them I'd never seen.

"Make lovey dovey eyes at each other in private." Oliver groaned as he walked back in, "I haven't even eaten and I'm sick to my stomach." I smiled but Abel pulled his hand back and turned away, watching as Oliver swiped the rag against my forehead and patted the top of my head like a dog.

"We wouldn't use Sharpie, sis. We wouldn't want that to be permanent, right?" I nodded, sending one last glance in Abel's direction before setting his shoes back on the ground and walking out of the room before he could see just how nervous I was.