It Looks Like A Unicorn

Abel eventfully showed back up in the room with donuts and a few tattoo shop brochures.

"Okay, so I got us a room at the Rio. I asked around and they recommend we go to one of these tattoo shops for the tattoo." He had shoved a donut in his mouth halfway through explaining his whereabouts, making his words sound liking nothing but mumbling.

"I don't want to get a tattoo." I said, picking at the sprinkles on my donut, "It hurts." Abel sat down beside me, leaning over to kiss me with his mouth still full.

"No. That's just disgusting." I grumbled, pushing him back and looking through the brochures.

"With or without the food in his mouth?" Oliver said from the bed across from us, his face twisted in disgust as he looked up from the list in his hands.

"As I was saying," Abel went on, swallowing his food, "I was thinking about getting Olivia's name tattooed across my chest. What do you guys think?" We all laughed at Abel's joke, looking through some of the designs on my tablet.

"I like this." I pointed at a picture of a butterfly.

"Look at this. It looks like a unicorn." Oliver showed us a picture of a gorgeous horse tattoo, snickering. I shook my head at his immaturity and continued to scroll through my phone while Abel twirled my hair around his finger.

"I'm going to get one of a hot chick with big tits." Abel commented behind me, "Just like my beautiful Olivia right here." I saw my brother's face twist up in disgust again as my cheeks flushed, but I found myself smiling when he started making gagging sounds.

"We better get out of this hotel room before they force us out." Oliver said, clearly wanting to change the subject. He threw his bags over his shoulder before gesturing for us to do the same.

"You ready to go, babe?" Abel whispered. I laced my fingers through his, dreading the thought of getting a tattoo.

"As I'll ever be."

*

Oliver ended up splitting off from us once we were on The Strip, talking about finding some magician. Abel had slipped his arm around my waist and was whispering things about how interesting it was to watch everyone walking by us or standing and asking for money.

It really was. One of the people we had walked by was a middle aged man dressed as Cupid. He had been in nothing but an adult diaper, it had to be one of the most scarring things I'd seen in my life.

"Happy Fourth of July, Liv." Abel whispered in my ear. My head snapped up, my head shaking slowly.

Was it already the Fourth of July?

"I planned it all." Abel said, "The way we did the list, so we'd end up here for the Fourth. The fireworks are amazing to watch out here." We sat down on a bench, Abel's eyes on the sky above us.

"You've been here before?" I questioned.

"Yeah. I used to come out here and stay with James Hunt, the singer for Saving James. He was a pretty good friend of mine." I nodded, laying my head against Abel's shoulder as a couple with their young son walked by.

"How did I not realize it was the Fourth? Or that James' place is where you'd disappear to every summer?" I asked, laughing. He shrugged, chuckling.

"I guess you just aren't a very observant person, or you've been having such a great time that you forgot what month it was." He was staring ahead of us, probably at Fremont street, which had people wrapping around it as they waited for the Firework show.