When I Say I Love You

"I think Oliver's getting lucky tonight."

I giggled at Abel's words, laying my head against his chest as we watched Oliver take some dark haired girl and led her toward the dark and secluded area of the club.

"You aren't going to get lucky tonight, are you okay with that?" I said, lifting my head up to stare down at Abel. He shifted my body on his lap so I was straddling him, my eyes widening when I realized the position we were in.

"I was hoping I would." He admitted, his finger trailing down my arm, "But it looks like I'm stuck with you all night." I could tell by the small smirk on his face that he was joking.

"Abel?" I whispered, resting my head against his chest again.

"Hmm?"

"I'm a virgin." The words left my mouth before I could stop them. The second they were out, I sat back up and started to slip off of Abel's lap.

Why the hell would I tell him that? Did he even care?

"What?" He questioned, genuinely shocked, "But you were with Sean-"

"We never did anything passed making out. I. . . look, I think I should just go back to the hotel." I stood up, gasping when I felt the room start to tilt around me.

"Liv, we were supposed to go all night." He said, reaching for my arm.

"Maybe I don't want to go all night." I snapped, "Maybe I just want to be alone with you and not in some shitty club." His grip tightened on my arm for a minute, his lips parted.

"Then we can go back. We can party there." He closed the small gap between us, "I don't care if we stick around or not. I've been to a ton of these shitholes." I felt his hand fall from around my arm to holding my hand.

"Are you sure? Abel, if you want to stay, I can call and UBER and-"

"We're calling an UBER anyway you look at it." He said, "And I don't mind, Liv." He pulled out his phone, probably to text Oliver that we were leaving.

"Come on. I'll get us an UBER on the way out." I wrapped my hand around his bicep and walked toward the door, swerving to avoid couples that were too busy sticking their tongues down each others throats to notice us walking by. Once we had made it outside, I let out a shaky breath and stared up at the brightly lit sky. It was different from the dimly lit, usually star studded sky back home in LA.

"Don't cry." Abel said quietly when he saw the tears pooling in my eyes, "God, you're even more of a lightweight then I thought." I could tell he was trying to lighten the mood, but I only shook my head.

"It's not the alcohol. It's just. . . there's only a few weeks left before the end of the summer, Abel. What's going to happen then?" He stayed quiet, his eyes scanning the streets for our UBER. It wasn't until the car pulled up in front of us that he met my eyes with his own, showing no sign of being drunk whatsoever, and responded.

"I don't know, Liv. I don't know."

*

When we got back to the hotel room, Abel messed his hair up and kicked his shoes off, muttering something about his shoes being ridiculously hard to take off under his breath.

"Abel, about earlier. . ." I trailed off, taking my own shoes off and setting them beside the bed. Abel looked up, clearly curious to hear what I was going to say.

"Yeah?" He asked, prompting me to continue.

"You know I love you, and that I'd do anything-"