I Can Sing For You

The crowd around us swarmed like bees to a hive.

Abel kept his hand wrapped around my wrist the entire time, almost as if he were trying to make sure I didn't get swallowed in the group of people.

I was nearly deafened by the crowd the second James walked on stage, swinging his guitar over his shoulder and shouting something I couldn't hear over the screeching girls behind me.

"How are you all tonight?" James yelled into the mic, getting the girls even more riled up. Abel dropped his hand from my wrist and crossed his arms over his chest as he looked up at the man on stage.

"We've got a great show for you tonight!" He said, fixing the mic in his ear, "You ready?" The girls behind me screamed again, shoving me forward so I nearly face planted.

Thankfully, Abel had grabbed my hand again and stopped me from falling, his eyes wide.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, thanks." I whispered in his ear so he could hear me. He nodded and started to move forward with the crowd when James started strumming. I hung back, hugging my arms around myself as people pushed by.

"Let's do this!" He said into the mic before backing away and joining the rest of the band behind him.

I listened, moving along to the music as everyone jumped and tried to reach for James on the stage.

"Hey, I've got a couple special guests for you guys tonight. Abel, man, why don't you head on up here." The crowd started crying even more when Abel pushed himself on to the stage, whispering something to the guard in front of it.

"Hey! How are all you beautiful girls and guys doing?" He asked, taking the mic and stepping back behind James. I couldn't help but admire how natural and perfect Abel looked up there beside the band. He looked as if he had been there his whole life and didn't plan on leaving any time soon.

"This one's called Crazy!" James shouted into Abel's mic, "Sing along if you know it!"

I clapped along with the crowd, waiting for the boys to both start singing.

It could be the way you smile

Or the blue in your eyes

When you sing for a while

Even when you don't know the lines

If I could put into words

If I could tell the truth in your lies

Your love for the birds

Your laughs and cries

I'd tell you, you drive me crazy

I'm out of my mind

You pick me up when I'm lazy

And you take everything that's mine.

You call my name, but somehow I forget

That you're in love with him and I'm just a sketch

I'll never let go, I won't regret

You drive me crazy, every time I close my eyes.

I felt my lips starting to part as Abel jumped off the stage and gestured for me to meet him in front of it, but I couldn't move.

There was no way that James had written this. I was positive that I'd seen the poem, the song before. But I couldn't place exactly where I had.