Say Yes, You're The Best

So maybe standing in the middle of one of the worst storms of the year, crying, wasn't exactly where I wanted to be, but it was a hell of a lot better then where I should have been.

I could see my best friend and Abel in the distance, running through the dead streets as they tried to find where it was that I had run off too.

I didn't want to be there to see it, to watch the family my parents had built crumble to the ground. I didn't want to see my little brother's face once he realized that our parents were ready to finalize their divorce, just as I was about to leave for college and our brother disappeared to another country.

"Liv! There you are!" Lena slapped her hands on her knees as she stared down at the wet pavement below her feet, trying to catch her breath.

"Olivia, you're going to get sick." Abel whispered, pulling me into a hug as I shook my head and buried my face against his chest.

I'd never seen my parents as pissed off, as vicious, as they were this morning. They had woke all three of us up, they had scared Jeremy so bad, that he had joined Abel and me in the bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed with his earbuds in until they stopped. Once they had, I had walked out, only to get attacked by them.

At the time I had left the house, Lena had been walking up my driveway and Abel had been trying to put his clothes back on so he could chase after me.

I was honestly surprised that they were able to catch up.

"Hey, it's okay." Abel whispered, shrugging off his jacket and throwing it around me, taking my face gently in his hands and watching as my tears mixed with the rain streaming down my cheeks.

"Let's do something fun." He whispered in my ear as Lena joined us, throwing her arms around me.

"Yeah, like the yes thing on your list." Lena said, smiling sadly, "That sounds like it would be fun."

"Jeremy?" I asked them, wiping at my cheeks as I glanced back down the street.

"Adrian's got him, don't worry." Lena whispered, pushing my hair out of my eyes, "Now let's go get something to eat, I bet you're starving."

*

Breakfast was fairly quiet, with the exception of Lena and Adrian talking to Jeremy.

"Let's say yes to absolutely everything for the next five hours at the mall and movies." Lena spoke up over Abel and Jeremy talking beside us. I shrugged, giving her a look.

"I'm not really in the mood." I muttered.

"I can get you in the mood." Abel joked, laying his head against my shoulder. I saw Adrian and Lena look at each other in disgust, but I felt a smile tug at my lips.

"No. Say no, please." Jeremy said, shaking his head as he laughed quietly.

"I'll think about it." I replied, seeing Lena actually smile at this.

"Okay. So we'll head to the mall after this and just talk to random strangers and say yes to everything they say. That should cheer you up." The sarcasm that dripped off of Adrian's every word made me want to lash out on him, but kept my mouth shut instead.

"Adrian, please shut up." Lena said when nobody else did. "You can go back to your house if it's such a problem for you." I gaped at my best friend, and felt Abel start laughing at her snappiness beside me.