The Horror House

The second Abel walked into the house with a wicked smirk and a pamphlet in his hand, I knew I was in trouble.

He had been in and out of the house for the last three days, avoiding doing anything on the list. According to Oliver, he had been having some problems with his parents at home and asked us not to talk about it.

"Oak Street's Haunted Mansion, you in?" Abel said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I glanced over my cup of hot chocolate at him, uninterested.

"I'm good." I replied, looking back down at my magazine. He pushed it out of the way and slapped the pamphlet, then a crumbled up copy of our list down in front of me.

"Spend the night in an abandoned place" He said aloud, pointing directly at the sentence on the list, looking pleased with himself.

"Not there." I mumbled, "Find somewhere else." He looked from the pamphlet then back to me.

"Oh, come on! What's wrong with this place? You could even drag Adrian and Lena along. I'm bringing Oli." I shook my head.

"You two have fun with that then. Let me know how it works out for you." He pulled me empty cup out of my hands and laid his on top of mine.

"You proved to me on Saturday that you could do anything if you put your mind to it, Olivia. Stop playing so innocent and scared. I know you can do this." I only stared at him, genuinely shocked by his words.

Was Abel Hendricks giving me a pep talk?

"It'll be for a night, Liv. It won't be that bad, I promise. The place isn't even really haunted." I snorted, pushing the pamphlet back in his direction.

"Lena said her brother didn't even last two minutes there, Abe. And he's almost a thirty year old man." I fought back, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear as I waited for his response.

"He was just being dramatic." Abel reasoned, "Plus, if you get scared you've got Adrian to cling on to. I'm sure he'd love that." To my surprise, Abel's voice slowly grew emotionless.

"Fine." I grumbled, rubbing my temples so he'd think I'd have a headache and go away.

"Really?" He was shocked.

"Yeah. Now can I please read my magazine in peace?" He slipped the pamphlet into his pocket before reaching over and ruffling my hair. As he walked toward the hall, probably to find Oliver, I could hear him talking quietly to himself. What he said made my cheeks start to grow warm, relieved no one was in the room to see it.

"I should have just led with Adrian in the first place."

*

"Do you still have any of those unopened packs of underwear?" Lena asked, zipping up her suitcase slowly. I checked my dresser, shifting my PJ's into my other arm.

"Yeah, why?" I questioned. She gave me a suggestive smirk, kicking my bedroom door shut behind her as she bent over to pick up a sock.

"Because you might need them." She said quietly.

"Are you insinuating I'm going to pee my pants?" I asked, trying to act offended but failing miserably. I probably would pee my pants, and all three of the boys would have a field day with it.

"No, honey. I'm insinuating that you and Adrian might get it on." She whispered, careful not to talk too loud.

"Oh God, Lena. I am not going to have sex with Adrian with you guys and my brother in the same room." I groaned, setting my stuff in my small bag and zipping it up.