Cara

"Will you come home and stop this pain tonight?"
~~
Have you ever felt so alive but so dead?

Like you're a human being walking on this earth with a dead soul, like a zombie.

"Lainey?" I look at Cara.

"Yes?" I whisper.

"D-do you think that they will come for me, they've come for... Bailey, you, Ale, it's either Toby, Mira, Tahlia or Toby next but they wouldn't be stupid enough to go for Toby; girls are 'easier'" she rolls her eyes at the sexist remark from males.

I sigh, I'm not going to lie but I want her to feel safe "I don't know Cara, I really wish I do" I say softly, she looks at the ground.

"If I had my mate he would make me feel protected, he would tell me that he would always be there and be my saviour" not all mates are like that...

"Cara.." I sigh and she looks at me.

"I know... Not all mates are like that, I know" she sighs. "Alessandra got the bad one I guess" she shrugs and I nod in agreement.

"We don't all get lucky like Mira, Tahlia and I" I say.

"You guys have found your mates, you are so lucky! And he's the king of werewolves!" She exclaims, I nod.

"That doesn't really matter to me, what's in his heart does matter."

"Looks?" I shake my head and smirk.

"I got lucky in that department." She laughs starting to feel better.

"Lainey, do mates always protect you?" She asks.

"It depends if you get a good mate or not, they will try to protect you but they can't succeed every time; we are technically never safe Cara" I say looking in the mirror at her.

She nods in understanding "I know that."

I pat her on the back "good" Izaiha walks in the room and smiles at Cara.

When he sees her glum face he frowns "you okay Cara?" He asks concern on his face.

She looks up at him and gives him a small smile "no, but I will be" she says standing up and walking out of the door.

"What was that about?" He asks, I sigh.

"About us having mates and how hers would make her feel protected, then she asked about mates and I told her not all of them are good" he nods.

"But I am?" He smirks, I pat his chest.

"Hmm.... I don't know" I tease.

He growls playfully and grabs me by the waist "you love me" I nod.

"I do" I whisper kissing him.
~~
"When are you going home?" Dad asks.

"Want me gone so soon?" He looks at me plainly and I sigh "I don't know... I don't want to leave with everything that's been happening" I honestly say.

"What did Izaiha say about this" I plop down on the chair slumping.

"I haven't told him because I know a massive fight will break out" he shakes his head.

"That doesn't always happen."

"It mostly does" I mumble and he chuckles.

"Just tell him" mum walks in and looks between the two of us.

"what's happened?" She sighs sitting on dads lap.

"How do you know somethings happened?"

She taps her head "mother intuition" I laugh and so does dad.

"Well mum I want to stay here because of everything that's happened and Cara is feeling afraid" I say.

"So? How's that bad?" I sigh.

"I haven't spoken to Izaiha about it, he will want to go back because he is an alpha and has alpha duties" I say rolling my eyes.

"But you have Luna duties Lainey" I groan.

"I know but I want to stay with you guys, spend as much time as possible just in case something happens" I say.

"The best thing to do is tell Izaiha" mum says "I'm sure he will understand, he can go back home and you can stay here; you can always mind link, Skype, call, text- you name it" I laugh lightly.

"He likes to stay in a place where he can actually see me in person" I say.

"Just tell him" I groan and stand up.

"I'm blaming you when a fight breaks out" I say walking out, I walk to my room and find Izaiha typing on his laptop.

He looks at me and smiles, I let out a breath of air "Izaiha I need to talk with you" I say.

"Sure."

I take a step forward and sigh "I want to stay here for a bit, just look after my family just in case something goes wrong. Cara's afraid and I don't want her to be afraid" I say.

He stands up "Lainey... You know I can't leave you alone" he says.

"I won't be alone, I will be here; in my birth pack" he growls pushing me against the wall.

"My wolf can't stand that idea and frankly neither can I, you are coming!"

"No I am not" I say pushing him off me, I knew I shouldn't of told him!

"You have Luna duties!"

"But I also have duties to my family, I haven't had a proper time with them in ages and what if something happens, I'm staying" I growl.

"But what if something happens to me!?" He exclaims.

"I know something won't happen to you because you are the alpha king, strong and powerful" I say.

"But Lainey" he whispers.

"I'm staying and that's final, there's nothing you can do about it!"

I'm sorry for the lack of updates but there will be slow updates :(

At least I updated today because you all deserve one for your patience, once again I'm sorry but there will probably be slow updates occasionally but I will update when I can.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, is Izaiha going to let her stay or drag her home?

Find out next chapter!

•comment•vote•follow

Keely